Your benefits with a pillar 3a retirement savings account
- Save taxes
- Preferential interest rate and free account maintenance
- Opportunity to take advantage of attractive fund solutions
- Check your account balance and performance at any time in e-banking and Mobile Banking
- Finance residential property with pension assets
Are you already a UBS client with an e-banking contract? You can open your 3a retirement savings account directly in e-banking.
Are you a new client or do you not yet have a UBS e-banking agreement? You can arrange your consultation here.
This is how the 3a retirement savings account works
Our Fisca account (pillar 3a retirement savings account) is designed for anyone who is gainfully employed and required to pay AHV/IV contributions. You determine when and how much you pay into your 3a account. Payments may be made up to a maximum of 5 years after the standard AHV retirement age.
Maximum annual contribution into pillar 3a for 2015:
- With a pension fund CHF 6,768
- Without a pension fund: 20% of net income from employment, up to a maximum of CHF 33,840
Further information can be found in our UBS Fisca custody account product information sheet . As an existing client with an e-banking contract, you can open your 3a savings account directly online.
The Fisca custody account with a Vitainvest investment fund is the ideal compliment to your Fisca account if you wish to increase your earnings potential in Pillar 3a. The Pillar 3b unrestricted pension plan ensures that you can also protect yourself against a wide variety of risks. We would be happy to provide you with advice in a personal consultation and together plan your individual pension solution.
Good to know
How much tax could you save by making payments into a pillar 3 account. Try out a range of different options and calculate your tax savings: calculate tax savings.
The capital is legally tied up until five years before you reach the AHV retirement age. You can withdraw it early if you:
- wish to finance your own home
- want to pay back your mortgage on your own home
- wish to become self-employed and not join a pension fund
- give up your former self-employment status and take up another form of employment
- are leaving Switzerland for good
- receive a full disability pension from Swiss Federal Disability Insurance
- buy into a tax-exempt pension fund
You can find details of the withdrawal opportunities in the Regulations of the Fisca Pension Fund Foundation .
Further issues relating to your retirement
Count on our expertise. We will provide you with important information on additional aspects of private retirement savings. Should you still have any questions, we will be happy to clear up any details in a personal consultation.