The debit card is the traditional bank card for making cash withdrawals. Plus, you can also use it for contactless payments online and in shops.
Debit cards at a glance
At ATMs in Switzerland and abroad
In shops – fast and easy
Thanks to individual security settings in Digital Banking
- Spending control through direct debit
- Notification of card transactions
- Access to your card at all times via E-Banking and Mobile Banking
- Deposit banknotes in CHF/EUR at a UBS Bancomat Plus
- Pay bills quickly and easily via a UBS Multimat
- 3D-Secure: pay securely by credit card in online shops
Cards and accounts in a banking package with many benefits
- Choose and pay only for the products you need
- Including the Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards
- With E-Banking, Mobile Banking, UBS Safe, Access App and UBS TWINT
- Participation in the UBS KeyClub bonus program
Family or couple?
The Banking Package UBS Family is for you. This package gives you accounts and cards for a fixed fee that is only charged once per family or couple.
Conditions at a glance
Debit card fees
- Owner card: CHF 40 per year
- Authorized representative card: CHF 40 per year
Frequently asked questions
These debit cards have been improved and now have new features such as online purchases (more functions are listed in the next section). UBS Visa Debit and UBS Mastercard Debit are the debit cards of the future and will replace V PAY and Maestro cards.
Clients’ existing debit cards will not be replaced automatically or in advance, but in the usual way, i.e., when their card expires or if a replacement card is ordered. From December 2020, clients can order a new debit card free of charge via Digital Banking.
From October 2020, clients can order a replacement card in Digital Banking or via our client advisor for CHF 20. From December 2020, ordering a replacement card in Digital Banking will be free of charge due to the new prices for debit cards.
In addition to online shopping, the functions of UBS Debit Cards can now be customized in Digital Banking. The following functions of the new UBS Debit Cards can be activated and deactivated as required:
- Temporary card deactivation
- Online shopping
- Cash withdrawals and store payments
- Contactless payment
- Contact payments
- Account access
No. The transaction account can be added instead of the credit card.
The function for online purchases is deactivated as standard in Digital Banking. To activate 3-D Secure, online purchases must be activated.
To activate online purchases for a debit card, at least one Access App must be registered in Digital Banking, otherwise the online purchases function cannot be activated.