You will need to activate the Access App before using it for the first time or after reinstalling it. This is easily done using the activation PIN.
The following conditions must be satisfied to use the Access App:
- Mobile number for security messages stored in E-Banking
- Digital Banking contract (valid “Declaration regarding UBS Digital Banking”) or Connect contract
- iPhone or iPad with iOS with version 11 or higher, or a smartphone or tablet with Android version 7 or higher
You have received a letter with the activation PIN for the Access App.
1. Install the latest version of the "UBS Access" app on your smartphone or tablet, and then start it.
2. Enter the contract number for your UBS Digital Banking.
3. Enter the last four digits of your stored mobile number for security messages (guide for storing the mobile number). An SMS code will then be sent to you.
4. Enter the SMS code that you just received.
5. Enter the activation PIN from the letter.
6. Give your smartphone a name. You can use this name to manage your active devices in the Digital Banking settings.
7. Define a PIN for the Access App.
8. Repeat this PIN.
9. We recommend that you set up push notifications. That way, you will be informed about security-relevant events.
The Access App is now activated and can be used immediately.
You can use the Access App on a maximum of five smartphones or tablets with the same E-Banking or Connect contract. To do this, the activation process must be carried out for each device.
If you would like to deactivate the Access App for a specific device, this can be done in E-Banking or Connect under "Settings > Security > Access App".
If you have deleted the Access App on the smartphone and then reinstalled it, you must reactivate it again for security reasons.
You can use the Access App with a maximum of ten E-Banking or Connect contracts.
- Activate the Access App for the first contract (see above)
- Start the Access App and select "Settings > Manage access authorizations > Add contract number"
- Activate the next contract in the same way
You have three ways to deactivate the Access App:
- in the Access App under "Settings > Manage access authorizations > Registered contract numbers (select contract) > Remove access"
- in E-Banking under "Settings > Security > Access App" or "Products > Login methods > Access App"
- via E-Banking support, telephone 0848 848 064 (from outside Switzerland tel: +41-848 848 064)
After completing the deactivation, you can deinstall the Access App from your smartphone. If you decide at a later time that you would like to use the Access App again, you have to reactivate it.
Note: The Access App will deactivate automatically if you have not used it for more than two years.