To make a payment, briefly hold your card close to the payment terminal – for small amounts, you don't even need to enter your PIN.
Contactless payments at a glance
No need to search your pockets for small change
No PIN needed for small amounts
You never need to hand over your card
1. Take out your V PAY, prepaid or credit card with the wave symbol.
2. Wait for the prompt to appear on the screen, hold the card close to the payment terminal with the wave symbol, wait for the beep…
3. … and that’s it!
Contactless payment based on NFC (near field communication). It’s based on the same technology as ski passes or access badges at work.
When you hold your card close to the reader, a one-time code is generated. This means that your card can’t be charged multiple times.
Where can I make contactless payments?
Contactless payments are just as secure as payments with a traditional card.
- The card stays in your hand during the entire payment process.
- Payment is made only when the card is close to the reader.
- In Switzerland, you also have to enter a PIN code for amounts of more than CHF 40
- Only one payment can be made per contact with the reader
If your card is lost or stolen, you should have it blocked as soon as possible in the UBS Mobile Banking app, via UBS e-banking or by calling our customer service team.
Don’t have a UBS account?
Open your banking package, including accounts and cards, conveniently via app.
Already have a UBS account?
Apply for your credit card directly in E-Banking at "Products > Cards".
Would you like to apply for your card spontaneously in person or don't have E-Banking? Visit us at a branch near you.