To make a payment, briefly hold your card close to the payment terminal – for small amounts, you don't even need to enter your PIN.
Contactless payments at a glance
No need to search your pockets for small change
No PIN needed for small amounts
You never need to hand over your card
1. Hold your V PAY, Maestro, prepaid or credit card – ensure it has the wave symbol.
2. Wait for the prompt to appear on the screen, hold the card close to the payment terminal with the wave symbol, wait for the beep…
3. … and that’s it!
Contactless payment based on NFC (near field communication). It’s based on the same technology as ski passes or access badges at work.
When you hold your card close to the reader, a one-time code is generated. This means that your card can’t be charged multiple times.
Where can I make contactless payments?
Contactless payments are just as secure as payments with a traditional card.
- The card stays in your hand during the entire payment process.
- Payment is made only when the card is close to the reader.
- In Switzerland, you also have to enter a PIN code for amounts of, temporarily, more than CHF 80
- Only one payment can be made per contact with the reader
If your card is lost or stolen, you should have it blocked as soon as possible in the UBS Mobile Banking app, via UBS e-banking or by calling our customer service team.
Before you can pay with contactless, you must activate the NFC technology on your debit card by entering your PIN at a payment terminal or bancomat.
A replacement card will have the same NFC settings as your previous card.
Yes, you can. To deactivate contactless payment on your debit card, please ask your client advisor.
You cannot deactivate the contactless function on a credit card. If you would like a credit card without NFC technology, we suggest our UBS Basic Credit Card.
You can pay contactless and without PIN entry at the terminal with UBS TWINT on iOS and Android devices, as well as with our Mobile Pay function, Google Pay or Samsung Pay on Android phones.
Don’t have a UBS account?
Open your banking package, including accounts and cards, conveniently via app.
Already have a UBS account?
Apply for your credit card directly in E-Banking at "Products > Cards".
Would you like to apply for your card spontaneously in person or don't have E-Banking? Visit us at a branch near you.