When you make your purchases with UBS Credit Cards and Prepaid Cards, you no longer have to sign any receipts; instead, you enter your PIN code in the payment terminal.
PIN function at a glance
The best possible protection with your own secret number
Pay more quickly than with a signature
Same procedure as for your debit card
The PIN function in detail
All UBS Credit Cards and Prepaid Cards come equipped with the latest chip and PIN technology, so your cashless payments are even more secure. You also need the PIN code to make withdrawals at an ATM.
More and more merchants – both in Switzerland and abroad – are using the latest payment terminal technology. When making payments at these points of sale using your UBS Credit Card, you will be asked to enter your PIN code. No signature is required.
If you’re asked for your PIN code at the point of sale, you have to enter it. If you don’t, the payment can’t be processed.
When outside Switzerland or when making a purchase at an older-generation payment terminal, you may also have to confirm your payment with your signature.
You can be sure that you’re using your PIN code securely if you follow the rules below:
- Change your original code at an ATM in Switzerland
- Don’t use any combinations of digits that are easy to work out, like dates of birth, telephone numbers or car registration numbers
- Learn your PIN code by heart
- Never keep your PIN code together with your card
- Cover the keypad when you are entering your PIN code
- Never give the code to anyone else (not even to the police, public officials or UBS staff)