Business succession is a formidable challenge for any entrepreneur: one that usually has to be mastered only once – but which will impact their own future and that of their family and business.
Why is succession planning important?
It’s never too early to prepare for an unexpected loss of ownership or a succession dictated by external circumstances: for the good of your company and your family.
We can help
- assistance in resolving legal and financial matters;
- advice on powers of attorney, wills, contracts of inheritance, advance care directives and shareholder agreements;
- assist you with your succession planning and examination of the costs and benefits.
Consider all your options and get an idea of what every family member and other important stakeholders – such as the management team – expect.
- ensure continuity within your company and family;
- create independent management and personnel structures;
- examine the legal and taxation conditions and implications.
The positive development of your business is central. So too is the cautious structuring of your total wealth at an early stage.
We can help
- optimize your private and business asset situation;
- convert company assets into private assets;
- review your pension planning.
Succession planning: what are your options?
What needs to be considered during the different phases of succession planning?
The sooner you get to grips with succession planning, the more room you’ll have for maneuver when it comes to planning and implementation.
In the different phases of succession – such as preparation, planning, implementation – and also once the process is complete, the basic questions need to be dealt with as early as possible. Our succession checklist will assist you here.
How well prepared is your company when it comes to succession planning?
Take a few minutes to find out where you currently stand with regard to succession planning and what actions you need to take.
Your benefits – from starting your company to planning succession
- Proactive support when setting up your company
- Expert succession planning from A to Z
- Presentation of occupational pension solutions for you and your employees
Our experts are here for you – we look forward to seeing you.
Contact an expert near you
We’ll demonstrate potential solutions, advise you on the best option and assist you with implementation
Note: A UBS consultation does not extend to legal or taxation advice, for which purpose we recommend you consult your tax adviser or lawyer.