Organizing their own business succession is a formidable challenge for any entrepreneur, which usually has to be mastered only once. But the solution chosen will ultimately impact not only their own future and that of the new person at the helm of the business – but also that of their family. We are there for you to provide hands-on support during this process.
From preparation, planning and implementation right through to the handover
A track record spanning various sectors
Each year we support more than 200 succession processes throughout Switzerland
Access to UBS-wide network of specialists
We connect you with our experts in areas such as taxation, financial planning and real estate
Why is succession planning important?
It’s never too early to prepare for an unexpected loss of ownership or a succession dictated by external circumstances: for the good of your company and your family.
We can help:
- by assisting you in resolving legal and financial matters;
- by advising you on powers of attorney, wills, contracts of inheritance, advance care directives and shareholder agreements;
- by assisting you with your succession planning and examination of the costs and benefits.
Consider all your options and get an idea of what every family member and other important stakeholders – such as the management team – expect.
- ensure continuity in your company within the family;
- create independent management and personnel structures;
- examine the legal and taxation conditions and implications.
The positive development of your business is central. So too is the cautious structuring of your total wealth at an early stage.
We can help:
- optimize your private and business asset situation
- convert company assets into private assets
- review your pension planning
How well prepared is your company when it comes to succession planning?
Take a few minutes to find out where you currently stand with regard to succession planning and what actions you need to take.
For any decision-making processes, it is important that you know the value of your own company. Only then can comparisons be drawn and expectations realistically confirmed. Our experts can assist you with a company valuation – and are also on hand to help when it comes to identifying areas of dependence and opportunities, and thus to make the right decisions.