With UBS Digital Banking, you can carry out your banking transactions very securely and easily.
These four components ensure optimum security:
- Our secure, unique identification when you log in
- Advanced security settings and real-time notifications
- Prevention by analyzing previous account movements
- Your correct behavior and that of all employees in dealing with sensitive data
The login methods we offer uniquely identify you. Unauthorized persons do not have access to your company’s Digital Banking.
Use the Access App to log in conveniently with your smartphone – even on the move. The Access App always checks the security of your smartphone before you log in and detects attempted fraud.
Log in to E-Banking easily and securely with the Access Key and Access Card – especially at your desk.
We constantly check operations in Digital Banking and compare them with your regular usage behavior.
All movements on your accounts are automatically compared with your regular usage behavior. If anomalies are detected, we will withhold outgoing payments and contact you immediately.
Store your mobile number in Digital Banking so that we can reach you as easily as possible with security-relevant messages: ubs.com/securitynumber
With UBS Digital Banking, you can carry out your banking transactions very securely. You can even increase security by adjusting individual settings.
With the setup wizard in E-Banking, you can block all countries to which you do not have to make payments, for example. You have the option to change this again at any time.
Restrict the use of your UBS Debit Card geographically: worldwide, throughout Europe, or in Switzerland and Liechtenstein only. This increases protection against card misuse.
Set a monthly transfer limit for payments via E-Banking and the Mobile Banking App.
You can deactivate individual accounts, such as the savings account for reserves, for online payments.
Receive push, SMS or email notifications about account movements or unexecuted payments. Then you won’t miss a thing.
If you have collective signing authority, you can activate the confirmation of new payment recipients in E-Banking for accounts with collective signing authority.
Check your security behavior is in line with our recommendations and raise awareness among colleagues and employees.
Always start the login process at ubs.com. UBS E-Banking delivers a certificate when establishing a connection. This is how you can verify its authenticity:
- In the URL, click on the padlock icon displayed (once or twice).
- The certificate displayed in the pop-up window must correspond to one of the following certificates.
When using the Mobile Banking App, the check is performed automatically.
- The input number for the card reader when you log in always contains six digits. If it has fewer digits, it is a fraud attempt.
- You should also be careful if you receive unusual messages or are prompted to install software. In this case, cancel the login process immediately and contact Support.
Our apps automatically establish a secure connection and offer increased protection against fraud attempts of this kind.
- Never disclose personal access data such as contract and card numbers or security codes if you are asked to do so. Even by someone claiming to be from UBS. UBS will never make an unsolicited request of this kind, by telephone, email or on the Internet.
- Do not use the Access Key to carry out a confirmation if someone asks you to do so – even if they claim to be the CEO of your company. After logging in with the Access Key and card reader, only confirm character strings that you have determined or entered yourself. This ensures that they are correct. This applies to account numbers for making a payment or changes to your own contact data (e.g. telephone number), for example.
More information on phishing.
If you want to relax your personal security settings in E-Banking, confirmation is required via your Access Card or Access Key. You will need to enter the term “OFF” in the card reader or Access Card Display. Then transfer the code that is displayed to E-Banking.
Only confirm the term “OFF” if you have adjusted the settings yourself.
Make sure you log out at the end of every session: using the logout button in the top right-hand corner in E-Banking, or under Logout in the menu in the Mobile Banking App.
After logging out, we recommend that you empty your browser’s cache.
Do not write down PINs and passwords. Memorize them instead.
This applies in particular to PINs and passwords for debit and credit cards, payment solutions and for the Access Card. Also be sure to use a different password for each digital login and above all not to use private passwords, as these can usually be found more easily by hackers.
Update your software and antivirus programs regularly for even better protection. Spam filters and “anti-phishing” software also help to filter out phishing websites and emails.
Recommended by us for you
Your security risk is not reduced outside our Digital Banking solutions – on the contrary. The rest of the Internet is full of serious threats that could seriously harm your business.
We therefore recommend that you carry out further security checks. With the help of our partners you can screen your company for potential risks. This will allow you to take the right steps to increase security and prevent data loss and downtime.