Your commodity trading business
As a highly specialized and experienced commodity trading company, you act as an intermediary between producers, processors such as refineries, smelters or crushing facilities, other traders and end-users. You rely on the service of other specialized companies for transportation, storage or inspection of the quality of the merchandise.
We help you finance your development and grow your business. UBS Commodity Trade Finance involves structured short term lending for the purpose of financing the following physical commodities on a transactional basis mainly:
- Metals (ferrous/non-ferrous)
- Energy (e.g. crude oil products, coal)
- Soft & Fertilizer (e.g. certain agricultural and soft commodities)
Our offering at a glance
We are your partner who offers you integrated services enabling you to finance the whole process chain. Through our commodity trade finance units in Geneva and Lugano, you can profit from the global network and expertise of a leading international financial firm such as UBS. Our offering includes:
- Uncommitted transactional credit
- Arrangement or participation in syndicated facilities
- Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Derivative facilities
- One-stop access to Institutional Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management & Investment Bank skills
By selecting UBS for your commodity business, you also choose the right partner for other banking products that help you run your business in the most efficient way.