Our Direct Investments team brings together potential investors with fast-growing Swiss start-ups and scale-ups.
Direct Investments at a glance
Major investor network
Already found investors for over 25 companies
Many years of experience and expertise
Four of the top six 2019 top 100 start-ups supported*
A strong track record
Over CHF 120 million capital already provided
* according to TOP 100 Swiss Startup Award
We focus on fast-growing start-ups and scale-ups with a scalable business model that are active in an attractive, growing market. Details on the requirements:
- Sales of more than CHF 1 million and a diversified customer base (no seed capital)
- For Life Science and IT: lead investor industry expertise
- Domicile and main value chain: Switzerland
- Capital requirements: minimum CHF 3 million growth financing (equity, convertible loans, venture debt), no restructuring requirements, no project financing
- A convincing and sufficiently documented business case (investor presentation, range of data, etc.)
We review the request for capital and draw up an initial shortlist of companies. Next, we examine the desired investment in more detail. An internal committee then decides whether or not the company is suitable for an investor from the Private Investor Circle.
Private investors who want access to direct investment opportunities must be members of the UBS Private Investor Circle, domiciled in Switzerland and must already be UBS clients. Other requirements apply to VCs and strategic investors.
- Access to an extensive network of UBS investors
- Competent and active support to help you find capital
- Professional team with years of start-up experience
The direct investment team is there for you – we look forward to meeting you.
Success with UBS Direct Investments
Swiss start-up VIU Ventures AG is revolutionizing the eyewear market. And thanks to UBS Direct Investments, they've found the right investors to enable them to grow even further.
UBS supported On from the start-up phase right through to growth financing and is still an important partner. On is currently the world’s fastest-growing sneaker brand.
UBS Impulse – June 2018
The UBS Private Investor Circle enabled Coatmaster AG to expand and establish itself in the global billion-dollar coating industry market and to transform investment into profitable growth.
Startup Night magazine 2019
Thanks to UBS, we were able to find the right investors to continue developing our personalized skin tissue therapy to treat major skin defects.
Daniela Marino, CEO CUTISS AG