The foundation of a well-built portfolio
During a period of economic uncertainty and increased market volatility, building a well-diversified portfolio is increasingly important in helping you properly manage risk and pursue your long-term goals. Traditional investments are a critical element of this strategy.
By working with your UBS Financial Advisor, you have access to a comprehensive offering of traditional investments, including:
- Equities — An essential component of a balanced portfolio for long-term investors seeking growth and diversification
- Municipal bonds — For investors in higher income brackets who want to benefit from tax-advantaged income, relative safety and increased predictability
- Mutual funds — Oﬀer diversiﬁcation across asset classes, geographic regions and investing styles
- Options — For investors who want to express a directional view on a single stock, exchange traded fund or broad market index as well as to generate income in an equity portfolio, hedge downside risk or use leverage to amplify risk and potential returns
- Puerto Rico funds — Provide innovative long-term wealth management solutions through UBS Asset Managers of Puerto Rico, and include equity and ﬁxed-income funds
- Taxable fixed income — May help offset volatility of other asset classes, giving investors more predictable interest income and repayment of principal. These investments include agency securities, CDs, corporate bonds, mortgage-backed securities, preferred securities and Treasury securities
- Closed-end funds — May provide investors with enhanced income and with access to asset classes not offered through other fund types.
- Unit investment trusts (UITs) — Provide access to a broad range of professionally selected fixed portfolios offered in “unit” increments. UITs offer the potential for long-term growth, income, and may be used to invest in short-term themes.
- Exchange traded products (ETPs) — Offer investors access to multiple asset classes, geographic regions, and investment themes in a potentially tax efficient manner, with intraday liquidity through a securities exchange.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of amount invested. Before engaging in the purchase or sale of any of the traditional investments available at UBS Financial Services Inc., please connect with your Financial Advisor so that he or she may explain the speciﬁc risks associated with each of these investments. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
For more information on how to use traditional investments to seek capital appreciation, income generation, risk diversification or tax minimization, connect with your Financial Advisor or find a UBS Financial Advisor.
* UBS Wealth Way is an approach incorporating Liquidity. Longevity. Legacy. strategies that UBS Financial Services Inc. and our Financial Advisors can use to assist clients in exploring and pursuing their wealth management needs and goals over different timeframes. This approach is not a promise or guarantee that wealth, or any financial results, can or will be achieved. All investments involve the risk of loss, including the risk of loss of the entire investment.
More solutions for you
Get in touch
Together, we can help you pursue your goals.