Each year, we hire talented people to fill open roles in every region and division, including a significant number of wealth managers. In total, 7,886 external candidates were hired during the course of 2016.
Special emphasis on the next generation
UBS is one of the largest private providers of traineeships in Switzerland. Every year, we offer training programs to more than 2,000 young people, including apprentices, high school graduates, students and university grads, many of whom stay with the firm after their training is finished. We invest a lot in developing young people because they bring new viewpoints and skills to our global teams and are a great source of entry-level talent. In 2016, we hired:
- 478 university graduates into one of our graduate talent programs
- 197 trainees into our Bank Entry Program for high school graduates in Switzerland
- 750 interns
- 290 apprentices (into mostly business and IT roles)
We're proud to be a member of the Global Apprenticeships Network, where business leaders share best practices in implementing work-based training, apprenticeships and on-the-job training programs.
Raking in the awards in 2016
- World’s Most Attractive Employers – Global Top 50 (Universum)
- 2016 Financial Services Gender-Equality Index Member (Bloomberg)
- Switzerland's Most Attractive Employers (Universum); #2 among business students
- #15 – Vault Banking 50 (Vault, US)
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers (The Times)
- #6 Ideal Employer Asia (eFinancialCareers)