We believe that the right strategy and a strong culture drive strong performance.
Our three keys
Three keys, our Pillars, Principles and Behaviors, help us achieve our vision and execute our strategy. They epitomize the best of our heritage. They determine how we work with our stakeholders and each other, how we recruit, and how we make decisions.
The foundation for everything we do.
We value superior capital strength. It gives us the flexibility to address expected and unexpected events, and is a unique competitive advantage which our clients value.
Efficiency and effectiveness
We spend smartly and use the best ideas from banking and beyond to unlock the full potential of the firm.
Successful banking is about successful risk management. At all times we aim to protect the capital and reputation of UBS.
What we stand for as a firm
We always act in the spirit of partnership with our clients' best interests at heart.
We strive for excellence in everything we do. From the people we employ to the expertise, advice and execution we provide.
We focus on the long-term and work to provide consistent returns to our stakeholders.
What we stand for individually
- We are responsible and accountable for what we say and do, and for UBS's reputation.
- We care about our clients, our investors and our colleagues.
- We act as role models by treating others the way we would like to be treated.
- We put the benefits of our clients and the firm before our own or those of our business.
- We work across the firm.
- We respect and value diverse perspectives.
- We encourage ourselves and others to constructively question the status quo.
- We learn from past mistakes and experiences.
- We speak up if we see something that does not exemplify our high standards.