The Annual General Meeting (AGM) takes place every year within six months after the close of the financial year.
The General Meeting has the following powers:
- To establish and amend the Articles of Association
- To elect the members and the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the members of the compensation committee
- To elect the auditors and the independent proxy
- To approve the management report and the consolidated financial statements
- To approve the annual accounts and to decide upon the appropriation of the net profit shown in the balance sheet
- To approve the compensation for the Board of Directors and the Group Executive Board pursuant to Article 43 of the Articles of Association
- To give the members of the Board of Directors and of the Group Executive Board a discharge
- To take decisions on all matters reserved to the General Meeting by law or by the Articles of Association, or which are placed before it by the Board of Directors.
Annual General Assembly of UBS Group AG on 4 May 2017