What do I have to keep in mind when using my credit card/prepaid card?
Our credit cards and prepaid cards use state-of-the-art technology and meet the highest security standards. We also apply the maximum level of security when it comes to online payments.
We recommend the following when using your cards:
- Cover the keypad with your free hand or your purse or wallet when entering your PIN.
- Keep your PIN secret and do not let anyone watch you entering it.
We have summarized the most important rules for the secure use of our cards in our security guidelines.
Making contactless payments with our cards is easy, practical and fast. All you need to do is hold the card briefly against the card reader.
- The card stays in your hand during the entire transaction
- Data can only be transmitted from the card chip if it is held close to the reader.
- Only one transaction is possible at a time, as the security chip generates a unique code for each transaction. Any attempt to use a code more than once or to use an incorrect code is detected immediately.
- For amounts over CHF 40, you also need to enter your PIN (this is automatically requested).
If your card is lost or stolen, block it immediately. Cards can also be blocked via E-Banking and Mobile Banking.
Information on protecting yourself against card misuse
Practical tips on how to protect yourself against card misuse and what to bear in mind in the event of an emergency.