Politics and policy have played an enormous role in financial markets and the global economy in recent years, and 2017 will be no different as we enter an increasingly polarized political world. And with overall growth expected to remain weak, how do investors find yield while still protecting against risk? Diversification will be key, but so will taking creative approaches that go beyond simple “buy and hold” strategies in liquid markets.
CIO Wealth Management Research (CIO WMR) explores these issues and offers actionable ideas and strategies to help you achieve your investment goals in 2017 and beyond in the new UBS House View: ”Year Ahead 2017—The end game? ” This comprehensive report includes:
- A high-level overview of what happened in 2016, the current state of the global economy and how investors can apply lessons learned in 2017.
- An introduction to “The end game,” CIO WMR’s interactive experience where you can play policy leader and see how well you could run the global economy.
- 7 answers to 7 critical questions for 2017.
- CIO WMR’s top 10 investment ideas for 2017.
- A breakdown of the outlook for 3 important global opportunities in transformational technologies, emerging market healthcare and energy efficiency.
- Insights into portfolio investing and a deeper dive into the outlook for equities, bonds, alternative investments and commodities.
To understand how to best incorporate these insights into your own investment strategy in planning for the year ahead and beyond, connect with your UBS Financial Advisor or find one.
The End Game
Rising debt, aging populations and muted growth will play important roles in driving markets in 2017, But policy actions will likely prove to be the decisive factor. Play out your own policy choices in our interactive game-and see what kind of impact you can make on the world's economic problems.