UBS has operated in New Zealand for more than 60 years and is one of only two global investment banks with a meaningful presence in the country. We have more than 30 professional staff providing financial services to corporate, institutional and government clients. The strength of UBS's global reach and expertise, combined with our local insight and credentials create a powerful partnership. Our extensive experience and understanding of origination, research, distribution, trading, risk and operations management enables us to comprehensively deliver innovative client focused solutions and maintain a leading position in New Zealand.
UBS is not a registered bank in New Zealand.
UBS is consistently a leader in New Zealand M&A, Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets according to Dealogic. UBS has won a number of highly regarded industry awards including:
- Equity Issue of the Year - EBOS (INFINZ – 2014); Fonterra (INFINZ – 2012); Trade Me (INFINZ – 2011);
- M & A Transaction of the Year – EBOS (INFINZ – 2014);
- Best New Zealand Deal – EBOS (FinanceAsia – 2013);
- Fonterra (FinanceAsia – 2012);
- Trade Me (FinanceAsia – 2011);
- Best Debt Deal – IAG (FinanceAsia – 2012);
- Australia / NZ Equity House (IFR Asia – 2013)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New Zealand
UBS is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen. Our long term partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters, one of the world's largest youth mentoring coordinators, provides business and financial support for their programmes and has assisted in the establishment of their Auckland office.
Employees in conjunction with United Way do volunteer days as a simple and easy way to contribute back to the community.