I have always been driven by the urge to put science to work for the benefit of society.
- Ambri is commercializing battery technology invented at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Donald Sadoway invented the liquid metal battery after decades working with extreme electrochemical processes.
- Ambri says its batteries reduce the need for power plants and lines, make renewable energy sources more manageable and reduce costs.
- According to the UN, 20% of people do not have access to modern electricity and rely on burning wood, coal or animal waste.
- In 2012, Donald was one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World.
Ambri works towards this UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Dr. Donald Sadoway's updates:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries