Between the château and the remise lies the chapel, which was built by Charles Parquin around 1830. Five neo-Gothic windows, some of which are fitted with bullseye panes, and a round window, divide the facades. The south-facing window features a brightly painted sundial. The tower is covered by a pyramid roof with a belfry.
Two gravestones made of sandstone flank the north portal. They were moved here from Ermatingen Church after it was renovated in 1899. Their (supplemented) inscription refers to former owners of Wolfsberg. On the left: the Gelderich von Sigmarshofen family; on the right: Johannes Zollikofer von Altenklingen.
Inside, the division between the nave and the chancel is marked by a circular arch. Both parts of the room have simple plastered ceilings. The floor is covered with clay tiles.
Nothing is left of the original furnishings, some of which Parquin had brought from Sandegg Castle in the nearby village of Salenstein (Thurgau) around 1830. Today, an altar table with a profiled and partially gilded front stands in the chancel. It is said to have come from Klingenzell Chapel near Mammern. The walnut pews and the oaken rood screen fragment (which acts as a barrier to the chapel room) were moved here from their former location in Ermatingen Church.
The two north wall niches house a Venetian ciborium (chalice) from the first half of the 15th century on the right and a Lower Rhine burial and mourning group made of wood dated around 1510 on the left. The carved figure on the south wall console, created in the 14th century by a South-German master, most likely depicts St. Dorothea, the apple being the identifying attribute.
UBS added all the smaller pieces of furniture and equipment to the chapel. They stem from various sources.
Literature: This text is largely based on the Swiss Art Guide of the Society for Art History in Switzerland GSK (www.gsk.ch), published in collaboration with Wolfsberg: Cornelia Stäheli, Château Wolfsberg near Ermatingen, 3rd, updated edition, Bern 2013.