We'll assess you in a number of different ways (the process varies by region) to make sure you are what we’re looking for. And we’ve worked hard to make sure our assessments gives each person the equal opportunity to show us what you've got.
What are we looking for?
We evaluate each candidate against seven “core competencies”, which are the qualities and skills we’ve found to be essential for success at UBS.
- Are you able to quickly identify and correctly analyze problems?
- Do you use information in a structured way, recommending solutions that are logical, ethical and realistic?
- Are you able to make sound and balanced choices?
- Can you evaluate the risks of a range of options, making decisions even in the face of ambiguity or incomplete information?
- Are you able to generate new ideas and creative approaches?
- Can you identify situations where there is a need for change, and are you able to challenge existing practices and approaches?
- Do you have an appetite for continuous learning and acquisition of new skills?
- Can you convey information clearly, articulately and succinctly?
- Are you able to influence others and make an impact through effective interpersonal and communications skills?
- Can you challenge convention in a tactful way, without being combative or confrontational?
- Do you have the determination, drive and enthusiasm to deliver results?
- Can you demonstrate initiative to take action while always striving for excellence?
- Are you able to overcome barriers, respond positively to failure and learn from criticism?
- Are you able to work collaboratively and support team members while also pursuing personal objectives?
- Are you able to encourage others to participate, listen to different viewpoints and work toward consensus?
- Are you able to organize your own work, manage your time effectively and stay focused on priorities?
- Can you develop and monitor clear action plans with realistic deadlines, taking available resources into account?
- Are you flexible, able to amend plans due to changes or unforeseen situations?
Check out our FAQ. But if you're unable to find what you're looking for, please contact us.