We offer world-class capabilities – from active to passive, across traditional and alternatives – providing best in class investment products and innovative solutions to our clients, who range from large institutions and wholesale intermediaries to wealth management clients. And with a commitment to sustainable investing which spans over 20 years, they benefit from our deep expertise in creating solutions which enables them to align their investment goals with their sustainability objectives.
We passionately believe that our team-oriented and inclusive culture enables us to make better decisions which, in turn, lead to better investment outcomes for our clients. It’s a powerful combination and a tremendous platform for talented individuals to begin their careers. Working alongside our team of professionals who each bring unique perspectives and global expertise, you will find plenty of opportunities for continuous learning and development. Join us and find out for yourself.
Our Asset Management team of around 3,500 experts – including portfolio managers and product specialists across traditional and alternative asset classes, client relationship managers, analysts and risk managers – work together to serve our clients.
You will be able to benefit from exposure to the full breadth of our global platform as we draw on our world-class capabilities and the unique perspective that each member of our team provides to create the solutions our clients need. It is this connected approach and diversity of thought that leads to great results for our clients and our firm.
When joining our team, you will be working on driving the solutions to the investment challenges of the future. Does this interest you? If so, whatever team you join, opportunities to learn and share new thinking are unlimited. We welcome diverse mindsets, so whether you have a background in finance, data, tech, law or history, you can find your place with us. All we look for is a questioning mind, curiosity for the investment world and a desire to deliver a best-in-class client service.
You can read more about the services we offer clients here.
The broad range of investment management services we offer to clients, translates into many different career pathways. You could join us in any of the following types of roles :
- Portfolio manager - responsible for managing investment portfolios for our clients. This involves defining and implementing the investment strategy, constructing the portfolio, and trading and managing the portfolio to meet investment objectives.
- Research analyst - collect information, perform research and analyze assets, such as stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities. Research analysts often focus on specific niches to become experts in their chosen fields, such as a particular industry, a geographical region or a specific asset class.
- Investment specialists - an investment specialist supports client and sales activities for a specific asset class or capability (e.g. hedge funds, or equities) while interacting with prospects and clients when necessary, in close alignment with our client relationship managers.
- Client relationship - a client relationship manager is responsible for promoting UBS asset management products and solutions, such as mandates and funds, to institutional and wholesale clients through internal and external channels.
- Product specialist - responsible for specialist expertise in highly technical areas. This includes the evaluation, development and implementation of a solution, product or strategy indirectly for UBS or directly for UBS clients.
- Real estate asset manager - responsible for developing, communicating and supervising the operating strategy for an assigned portfolio of properties, managing assets and realizing the portfolio strategy to maximize investment performance and value.
- Project manager - responsibility for the timely implementation of defined project objectives in line with quality standards and budgets.
- Business management - ensuring smooth day-to-day business operations and the implementation and development of business-wide action plans and key initiatives.
I don't think many careers offer the same level of variability and challenge. I enjoy learning and problem solving, and the markets provide an endless amount of research and data to analyze – it's impossible to get bored or learn it all…there's always something more to do.
Being able to work directly with the portfolio managers and attend company meetings with them provides an incredible learning opportunity, and it's great that they give me meaningful, challenging work that really contributes to the success of the team.
Here at UBS, each team is its own start-up in many ways. We have our own budgets, our own tasks, and we get to succeed within our own teams. I work for the Quantitative Data Analytics, or the QED team in Asset Management, which just started in 2018.
We look at "outside the box" data and help in the creation of better strategies to support our clients. In other words, our team helps portfolio managers evolve and improve their investment processes through the incorporation of science. I could do quant analysis anywhere, but here I get to work in a non-hierarchical team with experts that are even quoted on the WSJ! I get to learn from them and apply what I learn in my everyday responsibilities.
We look after USD 1.1 trillion invested assets (as of 31 March 2021).
We have over 3,000 clients across the world including sovereign institutions, central banks, supranational corporations, pension funds, insurers and charities, wholesale intermediaries, financial institutions and private clients.
With around 3,400 people, we are based in the US and Switzerland and have a global footprint, with a presence in the largest established and fastest growing markets.
We are a leading fund house in Europe, the largest mutual fund manager in Switzerland and top foreign firm in China.
Sustainability and impact investing is becoming an increasingly key area for our clients. Their investment goals and sustainability objectives go hand-in-hand.
We achieved A/A+ ratings from UNPRI across all assessment modules including A+ for Strategy and Governance, and for Stewardship activities in August 2020.
We’re a leading foreign asset manager in China, ranked number one by Broadridge, and number two by Z-Ben, as of April 2020.
The Chief Investment Officer Asset Management and Servicing Awards ranked us as the Best Emerging Markets Manager in December, 2019.
Largest Mutual Fund Manager in Switzerland, according to Morningstar / Swiss Fund Data FundFlows in December 2019.
Broadridge also ranked us as the Fastest Riser for Distinction in Marketing and Sales Services, back in September 2019.
In March 2020, the HFM InvestHedge Billion Dollar Club ranked us as the Second Largest Fund of Hedge Funds globally.
And most recently, in August 2020 we were recognised in China with Golden Bull Awards for two of our offshore China Funds.