How can I open an account or a custody account?

If you don't yet have a UBS account and would like to open one, you can do this online.

If you'd like to open an account in a branch office, please bring the following documents with you:

  • Valid passport or ID card
  • Confirmation of residence for clients who have recently moved to Switzerland from abroad
  • Residence permit for foreign clients who reside in Switzerland
  • For students: Legi, so you can benefit from special offers

If you already have a UBS account, you can open additional accounts directly in e-banking under “Offers > Accounts.”

To open a custody account, please contact us by telephone to arrange an appointment.

Our customer service team will be happy to answer these and any other questions you may have. You’ll find the telephone number in the right-hand column.