UBS Investment Bank is striving to be at the forefront of ESG and sustainability, explaining the issues and shaping the discussions which is reflected in the quality and depth of advice, and the products, that we are able to offer our clients.
Our goals are to:
- work towards full integration of ESG into investment research.
- deliver innovative investment products that support impact and socially, responsible themes.
- direct strategic advisory and capital raising towards supporting the transition to a low carbon economy, and leverage green and sustainable bond opportunities.
- make sustainability the everyday standard across the firm.
of clients are integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into their investment process.1
collective AuM for the 2,300 signatories of the UN supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) initiative2
Annual investment needed to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals by 20303.
How do we unwrap the plastic problem?
The future of meat
Hybrid Electric Aviation: a U$178bn market?
Plastic pollution is front-page news; pressure on companies is growing. Twenty-two UBS analysts discuss investment implications from a potential decline in plastic use.
A new UBS report examines the investment opportunities provided by alternative 'clean' ways to feed the planet, from cellular meat to plant-based proteins. a market projected to balloon to $85bn by 20301.
Green Power: Will climate change propel the sector towards Hybrid Electric Aviation
Heightened public awareness of climate change could cause people to shun air travel in future unless something changes to reduce emissions.
Our ESG Research
Providing environmental, social and governance research since 20041, our dedicated ESG research team works to bring in-depth research that responds to ESG issues as they move into investors' risk agenda.
Sustainable investing (SI) in equity research at UBS:
- Sector competition model seeking to identify 'touch-points' between markets, society and the environment.
- Long tenure in the ESG/SI sector.
- SI content including: thematic and cross-sectoral collaborations; ESG Keys, and ESG embedded in 'mainstream' analyst research on stocks and sectors.
Supporting deals that matter
In Global Banking, we strive to support deals that matter
- providing capital-raising and strategic advisory to companies driving positive impact
- pitching and structuring green and sustainable bond opportunities for financial institutions and corporate clients
- vetting all transactions, assessing and restricting business in many areas with full exclusion of business in other areas
- encouraging ESG disclosure
Engaging our employees and supporting our communities
We are committed to embedding social well-being and sustainability into our day-to-day:
- 38% of Investment Bank employees volunteered in 20191
- 118 UBS Group community partners1
- regional and global Diversity & Inclusions councils
- our employee action streams provide an opportunity to improve our Culture across a number of topics including Sustainability, Talent and Wellness.
Dow Jones Sustainability Index, recognized UBS as the industry leader for the fifth year running*
In 2019, UBS Optimus Foundation raised USD 89.5 million in donations.*
71% reduction of our greenhouse gas footprint since 2004, well on our way to meet our target of 75% by 2020.*