Our strong relationships inspire us to deliver excellence and pursue growth in everything we do.
We believe that by supplementing your expertise with our own, we are able to create winning solutions and business success. When we win so do you.
Thanks for partnering with us.
UBS has received a number of accolades at the Global Capital's Equity Capital Markets Awards 2016, announced on 16th March 2017:
- Block Trade Bank of the Year
- ECM Bank of the Year in Iberia
- ECM Deal of the Year – Innogy, shared win, UBS as one of four bookrunners
- IPO of the Year – Innogy, shared win, UBS as one of four bookrunners
- Best Equity Capital Raising by a Listed Company – Banco Popular Español, shared win, UBS as one of two global coordinators
- Privatization of the Year – DONG Energy, shared win, UBS as one of three bookrunners
- Technology or Biotech IPO of the Year – Takeaway.com, shared win, UBS as one of two bookrunners
- ECM Deal of the Year in the UK and Ireland – ConvaTec, shared win, UBS as one of three global coordinators
- ECM Deal of the Year in Germany, Austria and Switzerland – Innogy, shared win, UBS as one of four bookrunners
- ECM Deal of the Year in Iberia – Banco Popular Español, shared win, UBS as one of two global coordinators
- ECM Deal of the Year in the Nordic region – DONG Energy, shared win, UBS as one of three bookrunners
A poll of market participants held in January and February determined the Deals of the Year and Best Non-Market Participants Awards, whereas the Global Capital's editorial and research teams judged the Banks of the Year Awards.
For more information on this year's survey, please read the full article.
Award/Ranking Program: ECM Awards 2016
Publication: Global Capital
Month/Year: March 2017
UBS received 25 awards at the Asia Money Awards, held on 22 February 2017 at the Conrad, Hong Kong. The awards recognize innovative banks and excellent bankers on their achievement.
UBS was awarded:
- Overall Best Regional Credit Research & Market Coverage on G3 High Yeild Bonds
- Best for Credit Research & Market Coverage in Hong Kong
- Best for Credit Sales in Hong Kong
- Best for Overall Services to Hedge Funds
- Best for Client Service Coverage for Hedge Funds
- Best Trading Execution to Hedge Funds - Derivatives
- Best for Overall Services in Prime Broking
- Best Product Innovation for Prime Broking
- Best Pricing for Prime Broking
- Best Risk Management Advisory in Prime Broking
- Best Client Service for Prime Broking
- Overall Best Combined Research & Sales for Australia
- Regional Best Consumer Staples Analyst in Asia ex-Japan - Christine Peng
- Regional Best Healthcare Analyst in Asia ex-Japan - Shaojing Tong
- Regional Best Team for Economic Research in Asia ex-Japan
- Regional Best Team for Healthcare in Asia ex-Japan
- Regional Best Team for Transportation in Asia ex-Japan
- Best for Overall Country Research in Australia
- Best Overall Sales Services in Australia
- Best Sales Trader in Australia - Tim Leahy
- Best Execution in Australia
- Best in Sales Trading in Australia
- Best Salesperson in Japan - Jonathan Pool
- Best Salesperson in Singapore - Keng Hock Lim
- Best Investment Grade Bond (Citic, Citic CLSA Securities, HSBC, UBS, BOC International, China Citic Bank International, Natixis)
Award/Ranking Program: Asia Money Awards
Publication: Global Capital
Month/Year: February 2017
UBS has been named the world's number one investment banking house by Global Finance, in the publisher's 18th annual survey.
The Global Finance 'World's Best Investment Banks' survey is positioned as a trusted standard of excellence for the global financial community. It is designed to honor those firms that are able to understand the market, execute well, and create innovative and bespoke client solutions.
As well as deal volume and size, the editors ran ratings of each contender's market share, quality of advice and service, structuring capabilities, distribution network, efforts to address market conditions, innovation, pricing, the after-market performance of underwritings, and market reputation through a customized algorithm to find this year's winners.
Piero Novelli, UBS global head of advisory, emphasizes that UBS has paid attention to developing its teams, particularly their ability to collaborate globally. “We are deploying our top bankers and best advisors on the most important clients and most promising deal situations to ensure we are extremely focused". Global Finance commented that "UBS displayed a superlative command over capital markets in the M&A arena despite increasingly volatile asset prices. In the United States, the 155-year-old Swiss bank was quick to spot an opportunity to advise regional US banks on mergers and acquisitions to increase their capitalization."
As well as Best Investment Bank, UBS was also awarded four further titles:
- Best Investment Bank in Switzerland
- Best Investment Bank in Kazakhstan
- Best M&A Bank in the Middle East
- Best M&A Bank - Global
For more information on this year’s Global Finance ‘World’s Best Investment Banks’ survey, please read the full article.
Award/Ranking Program: Global Finance World's Best Investment Banks 2017
Publication: Global Finance
Month/Year: March 2017|
About Global Finance
Global Finance, founded in 1987, has a circulation of 50,050 and readers in 180 countries. Global Finance’s audience includes senior corporate and financial officers responsible for making investment and strategic decisions at multinational companies and financial institutions. Global Finance also targets the 8,000 international portfolio investors responsible for more than 80% of all global assets under professional management.
Its website — GFMag.com — offers analysis and articles that are the heritage of 29 years of experience in international financial markets. Global Finance is headquartered in New York, with offices around the world. Global Finance regularly selects the top performers among banks and other providers of financial services. These awards have become a trusted standard of excellence for the global financial community.