Amy Farrell, Sustainable and Impact Investing
Amy recently sat down to share her views on the significance of gender diversity in sustainable investing
Key highlights from the video:
- There is an increased focus on advancing gender balance as diversity is becoming a significant concern for shareholders.
- Engaging with companies and using proxy voting allows us to express our views and focus conversations on gender balance and leadership at the board, executives, and management level. We look at how they can improve policies and practises to retain employees at all levels and encourage companies to increase disclosure and accountability on gender diversity.
- There are many benefits of gender equality and diversity and clear links between gender balance and financial performance do exist.
- We are seeing a rapid change in sustainable investing opportunities. Client demand is changing with a societal and generational shift. Investors are seeking solutions that promote inclusivity and we expect this to rise.
- We believe investing in gender balance companies is investing in the future and this is not only beneficial to society, but we expect to see more diverse companies come out on top.
Views and opinions expressed are presented for informational purposes only and are a reflection of UBS Asset Management’s best judgment at the time a report or other content was compiled. UBS specifically prohibits the redistribution or reproduction of this material in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UBS and UBS accepts no liability whatsoever for the actions of third parties in this respect. The information and opinions contained in the content of this webpage have been compiled or arrived at based upon information obtained from sources believed to be reliable and in good faith but no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All such information and opinions are subject to change without notice but any obligation to update or alter forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise is disclaimed. Source for all data/charts, if not stated otherwise: UBS Asset Management.
Any market or investment views expressed are not intended to be investment research. Materials have not been prepared to address requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and are not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. The information contained in this webpage does not constitute a distribution, nor should it be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security or fund. The materials and content provided will not constitute investment advice and should not be relied upon as the basis for investment decisions. As individual situations may differ, clients should seek independent professional tax, legal, accounting or other specialist advisors as to the legal and tax implication of investing. Plan fiduciaries should determine whether an investment program is prudent in light of a plan's own circumstances and overall portfolio. A number of the comments in the content of this webpage are considered forward-looking statements. Actual future results, however, may vary materially. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential for profit is accompanied by possibility of loss.
© UBS 2021 The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS.