90% of the world’s population still do not have reliable emergency response.
- MUrgency is a cloud platform and mobile application which connects people facing a medical emergency with the nearest validated medic.
- 90% of the world’s population, or 6.25 billion people, still do not have access to a reliable emergency medical response. This means people die because help doesn’t reach them in time.
- Shaffi came up with the idea, after his mother choked in her sleep. She survived but sitting outside the hospital, he wondered why India didn't have a 911-style emergency ambulance service.
- He set up that service, starting in Mumbai, after studying at the London School of Economics and volunteering with London Ambulance Service; they now have thousands of ambulances and staff, and say a first responder will arrive in under 10 minutes.
- Shaffi is a serial entrepreneur, lawyer and public policy analyst. He became a WEF Young Global Leader in 2011 and has won various entrepreneurship awards.
MUrgency works towards this UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries