As the unprecedented impacts of COVID-19 on people's health, education and livelihoods continue to reverberate around the globe – and likely will for some time to come – it's important to take stock of which approaches to addressing these impacts are working.
At the UBS Optimus Foundation we're identifying and replicating evidence-based interventions that increase the resiliency of children, youth, and communities affected by the direct or indirect impacts of COVID-19.
We'll award one or more grant prizes of up to USD 1m to organization(s) that demonstrated or are seeking to demonstrate rigorous evidence of achievement of one or more of the above mentioned outcomes through an intervention implemented in the context of COVID-19.
- Before you start, make sure to read this document
- Fill in this Excel document
- Write your expression of interest (in Word or PDF format, as described in step 1)
Please note: UBS Optimus Foundation reserves the right to disregard any Expressions of Interest that do not meet the guidelines as described in step 1.
- You're also invited to submit a 90-second video (optional) highlighting your intervention
All videos will be eligible for participation in the People's Choice Award contest, the winner of which will receive a USD 50,000 prize.
- Send us your application to COVIDprize@ubs.com by 11:59pm Central European Standard Time on November 15, 2020
We're looking forward to receiving your application.
UBS Optimus Foundation COVID-19 Response Fund
Building on our experience in responding to the 2014 Ebola outbreak, the UBS Optimus Foundation is working with strategic healthcare partners to implement a strategy that – with support from UBS clients – could save millions of lives:
- Prevent the spread of the virus: educating communities regarding signs, symptoms, transmission, and preventative measures like hand hygiene and social distancing – including supporting livelihoods to make social distancing possible.
- Detect cases as they emerge: supporting frontline health organizations to identify symptoms, and also help facilitate testing.
- Respond as the situation unfolds: increasing capacity for emergency treatment among health organizations and making sure primary health services remain functional.
Donate now, we'll match 10%
The situation is changing rapidly so funds are needed as soon as possible. To make your gift please contact your UBS Client or Financial Advisor today, and start saving lives right now.
Ask your UBS Client or Financial Advisor or send us an email choosing your local UBS Optimus Foundation representative office
- Germany: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hong Kong SAR: email@example.com
- Singapore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switzerland: email@example.com
- United Kingdom: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United States: email@example.com
Why giving to the UBS Optimus Foundation COVID-19 Response Funds is the best way for you to save lives
We're here to help you maximize your impact locally, nationally and globally.
- UBS Optimus Foundation will match 10% of your donation.
- We have expertise in responding to an outbreak gained from success in the 2014 Ebola crisis.
- All programs are carefully vetted by our team of experts, making sure your gift has the greatest possible impact.
- Well-established partnerships with health organizations both global and local means we can offer support where and when it’s needed to provide a well-rounded response.
- The flexible nature of the Fund allows us to respond quickly as the situation changes, so we can get on top of localized outbreaks as they occur.
- Regular, relevant feedback allows you to see how your money is being used and to witness the impact you’re having.
There has never been a better time to give
"With a gift to the UBS Optimus Foundation COVID-19 Response Fund, you could help save 20 million lives in low and middle-income countries."
A word from Phyllis Costanza, Head UBS in Society and CEO
UBS Optimus Foundation
A well-rounded response
You’ll support the best global and local organizations.
Our global emergency response partners have extensive emergency experience. They include:
Our local, frontline health organizations have valuable community relationships and in-depth experience of the regions in which they work. They include:
Other ways you can get involved to help fight COVID-19
The 17 United Nations Global Goals are the way to a sustainable future. We've joined forces with BOTTLETOP, a sustainable accessories brand who created #TOGETHERBAND to raise awareness and funds for the goals.
If you buy a TOGETHERBAND now 50% of funds raised will go help the fight against COVID-19. The remaining funds will be divided between #TOGETHERBAND beneficiaries who continue to work diligently to achieve the Global Goals.