O'Connor is a distinct investment area within UBS Asset Management, with complete independence in regards to investment decision-making. O'Connor's capabilities cover a wide range of investment programs, which seek to achieve attractive risk-adjusted absolute returns with low correlation to most major asset classes and traditional investment benchmarks.
Delivering the best of our capabilities to you
Dedicated absolute return investment management
- through our global long/short equities, credit long/short, merger arbitrage and convertible securities
Fundamentally-driven investment processes
- that are supplemented with sophisticated quantitative decision support and risk management tools
Multi-stage risk control process
- developed through a pioneering approach to quantitative risk management. Risk metrics are tailored to each individual strategy
- an offering which seeks to evolve continuously with the ever changing global markets, aiming to provide attractive hedge fund opportunities
- We combine our strategies with the goal of creating a diverse stream of returns relatively uncorrelated to major asset classes.
- By shifting capital and risk dynamically across strategies we look to exploit investment opportunity sets that we see in the market.
Value investing with risk control
- Our approach is, and always has been, rooted in relative value investing and state-of-the-art risk management capabilities, through which we strive to provide investors with attractive, risk-adjusted absolute return potential.
Collaboration across teams
- We foster collaboration across our teams based in New York, Chicago, London, Hong Kong and Singapore, with the goal of raising our collective intelligence. We seek to strengthen those teams by recruiting and retaining the best people from inside the industry and out.