UBS key4 gold lets you buy and sell physical gold from UBS securely and conveniently in UBS Mobile Banking. It offers the following:
- You can purchase between 0.1 gram (about CHF 5.7*) and 2 kg (about CHF 114,000*) per transaction
- Your gold is held securely in a UBS vault in collective custody
- You purchase gold with a minimum fineness of 0.995 (995/1,000) from an LBMA-certified refinery
*Based on the gold price as of February 24 2022., Source: UBS Quotes
- Until further notice, you can only trade gold with UBS on trading and banking days, see the list of 2022 holidays below where no or only limited trading-windows will be open.
- The gold price displayed in the app is subject to market fluctuations and can fall or rise at any time. A purchase or sale is not valid until it has been confirmed in the app. The price displayed is normally valid for about 30 seconds.
- Currently, the offering is restricted to Non US-Persons, in case you change your status to an US-Person a sell-down might be required.
Any gold you buy in our app is also deposited in a UBS vault, making you the co-owner of the physical gold held in collective custody. This is not always the case with every gold product, such as gold ETFs.
When you open UBS key4 gold for the first time, you will be asked to select one of your private accounts. These must be enabled in your Digital Banking settings
ATTENTION: Afterwards, you can only change the account stored in UBS Gold to another private account belonging to the same client relationship as the account you originally entered.
The following trade and custody limits apply in UBS key4 gold:
- Per purchase: 2 kg gold (equivalent to CHF 100,000 at CHF 50/gram)
- Per sale: CHF 100,000 (equivalent to 2 kg at CHF 50/gram)
- Maximum holdings: 100 kg of gold (equivalent to CHF 5,000,000 at CHF 50/gram)
We charge the following fees to use UBS key4 gold.
Fee per transaction
CHF 0 – 25,000.00
CHF 25,000.01 – 50,000.00
CHF 50,000.01 – 100,000.00
CHF 100,000.01 – 250,000.00
CHF 0 – 10,000,000.00
Free of charge until 30 November 2023, then 0.35% per annum
Through UBS key4 gold, we only buy and sell gold in collective custody with a fineness content of at least 0.995 (995/1000) and from gold refineries certified by the London Bullion Market Association (the “LBMA”). Your gold is physically stored for you in a secure UBS vault. Rest assured that the gold belongs to you and not UBS. This means that, even if UBS went into liquidation, you are still the legal owner of any gold you have purchased.
In the current version the physical delivery is only done on exceptional basis and at additional charges and waiting time.
We are working to add this feature with a later version of UBS key4 gold. Please note that certain bar sizes may be unavailable temporarily and that there is an additional fee for access to the physical gold, which covers production costs. There may be increased waiting times as it involves manual processing, and you may have to pick up your bar(s) in person at a UBS counter. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you terminate your banking relationship with UBS, you will no longer be able to buy or sell gold in UBS key4 gold. Please contact your client advisor before termination so that we can help you find a custody solution for your gold. You can of course also sell all your gold beforehand.
Gold trading is not expected to take place on the following days in 2022 (holidays relevant to gold trading): January 17, February 21, April 15/18, May 26/30, June 6/20, July 4, August 1, September 5, October 10, November 11, November 24, December 26.