China 2020 outlook – in 60 seconds
- China's economy is expected to grow 5.8% in 2020, compared with 6.1% in 2019, according to estimates by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD);
- We expect the People's Bank of China government to ease interest rates in H1 2020;
- For equities, our strategies remain focused on long-term themes, like tech innovation and premiumization, and we see opportunities from SOE reform;
- China fixed income continues to look attractive in a world of negative yield, and Chinese and Asian High Yield are bright spots if global bond markets;
- Multi-asset strategies are tilted toward equities, particularly on China A markets, where companies will benefit from the Chinese government's ongoing policy support efforts.
China in 2020
Videos, interviews and other insights on China.
Where to invest?
More about our China capabilities and investment solutions.