As part of the UBS Nobel Perspectives program, our webinar series allows you to ask your questions directly to Nobel Laureates in Economic Sciences.
UBS Nobel Perspectives addresses the questions shaping our world, cutting through the noise, and holding the largest content library of Nobel Laureate interviews.
Jean Tirole won the Nobel prize in 2014 for his analysis of market common good and regulation. Jean Tirole’s research and regulation theories have changed how market regulation is applied to industries far and wide and broadened the scope of what competition can look like. The Nobel Laureate is also a best-selling author and distinguished professor. He joined Massimiliano Castelli, Global Head of Strategy, Global Sovereign Markets at UBS Asset Management, in a webinar on 30th September to discuss the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on topics including technology, globalization and sustainability.
Key webinar takeaways
Key webinar takeaways
- Health crises will occur more and more often and we need to be more prepared for them
- To improve the sustainability of our world, we must invest long term and the finance sector can play an important role in facilitating this process
- To monitor global monopolistic industries, competition authorities need to coordinate globally and independently of political power
- A trend towards deglobalization has developed during the pandemic
- There are several benefits to globalization: consumers are not captive to domestic monopolies, have greater choice and lower prices but losers must be protected
The world in the grasp of COVID-19
The key themes of the century
Want to know more about sustainability at UBS?
At UBS we pride ourselves on being a sustainable investing center of excellence. The 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals are the way to a sustainable future. We've joined forces with BOTTLETOP, a sustainable accessories brand who created #TOGETHERBAND to raise awareness and funds for the goals.
Make an inquiry
Fill in an inquiry form and leave your details – we’ll be back in touch.
Whether you have a question or a request, we will be happy to get in touch with you. Contact our UBS Asset Management team for more details.
Introducing our leadership team
Meet the members of the team responsible for UBS Asset Management’s strategic direction.
Find our offices
We’re closer than you think, find out here