Reporting fund status

Important information for UK resident tax payers

The following information applies to UK resident tax payers and other Reporting Funds.

This information is relevant to share classes within the UBS Funds which have obtained ‘Reporting Fund’ status for UK tax purposes.

UK tax resident investors investing in a ‘Reporting Fund’ must include in their UK tax return both the actual distributions received from their investment as well as the ‘reported income’ (broadly, their proportionate share of the fund’s reported income in excess of the sums actually distributed). UK investors will be liable to income or corporation tax as appropriate on the total of these sums.

If you invest in a share class which has ‘Reporting Fund’ status for UK tax purposes you are required to review the periodic information contained on the UBS website (see below) and include the relevant details on your UK tax return.  

If you require any further information please click on “Contact us”.

Further instructions for investors:

UBS ‘Reporting Funds’ are required to provide a report to investors who hold units in the Fund at the end of the relevant accounting period, including details of the reported income of the relevant share class.

UK tax resident investors holding units in the Fund on the last day of the Fund’s accounting period are required to obtain the ‘reported income’ calculation on this website (contained in the pdfs - see below) and include it in their UK tax return.

The report shows the dates and amounts per share class of all distributions paid during the Fund’s account period. ‘Reported income’ in excess of the sums actually distributed are deemed to have been received six months after the accounting year end of the Fund, on the ‘Fund distribution date’, and should be included in the tax return for the relevant tax year.


Investor acquired 1000 shares in the Fund (share class ‘X’) on 1 June 2010.

Excess reported income for the Fund accounting year ended 31 May 2011 is 0.6124.

The investor should include the following amount of reported income in their tax return for the tax year 2011/2012: (0.6124 x 1000 shares) = 612.4. Any amounts actually distributed should also be included as distributions.    

Please note, the obligation to include the reportable income amount on a UK tax return lies with the investor and not with a nominee, distributor or advisor.

Reportable income per share