Zurich/Basel, 8 July 2019 – UBS launches for the third time, after 2015 and 2017, the UBS Future of Finance Challenge. It is an open competition for fintech startups and tech entrepreneurs around the world. UBS is looking for innovative and potentially disruptive technological ideas and solutions that address specific challenges to support the transformation of banks for the future of finance:
- Technology Enablement
- Smart Risk Management
- Digital Transaction Rails & Tokenized Assets
- Deepening Client Relationships
The UBS Future of Finance Challenge allows participants to present their ideas and solutions in a global competition with cash prizes and opportunities to accelerate worth over USD $200,000 and including over 150 hours of dedicated coaching from UBS experts, mentors and partners.
It is UBS’s aspiration to support the competition winners to further commercialise and scale their ideas and technologies using its significant global presence, deep expertise in global banking and eco-system of innovation partners.
The UBS Future of Finance Challenge is delivered in collaboration with Deloitte and the innovation agency 100% Open. This collaborative approach offers commercial and technical expertise to the innovators participating in the competition, and provides them with access to the innovation pipeline of a leading global financial services firm at the same time.
"UBS is the largest global wealth manager and as such is in a unique position to help fintech firms to grow their offerings globally. We are always looking for opportunities to engage with companies that improve our offerings to our clients. I strongly encourage ambitious, growing fintechs to enter this exciting competition", Sabine Keller-Busse, UBS Group Chief Operating Officer.
- Entries should be submitted at www.ubs.com/innovate. The deadline for submissions is August 15, 2019.
- 10 participants per region (APAC, EMEA and Americas) will be invited to attend the Regional Finals in either Zurich (October 9 & 10), Singapore (October 11& 12), or New York (October 29 & 30).
- Applicants must attend the Regional Finals in person.
The Regional Finalists will receive the following support and prizes:
Shared across all regional finalists:
- 150+ hours of dedicated coaching from UBS mentors and partners.
- Selected finalists will have the opportunity to accelerate their idea with UBS support and expertise in regional innovation spaces to further validate and commercialize their proposition.
Regional Finals winners:
- 1st prize winner: USD $20,000
UBS Group AG
CH: +41-44-234 85 00
UK: +44-207-567 47 14
Americas:+1-212-882 58 57
APAC: +852-297-1 82 00