O'Connor is a multi-strategy hedge fund manager within UBS Asset Management. Our approach is firmly rooted in relative value investing and state-of-the-art risk management capabilities.
Delivering the best of our capabilities to you
- Dedicated absolute return investment management through our global long/short equities, credit long/short, merger arbitrage and convertible securities
- Fundamentally-driven investment processes that are supplemented with sophisticated quantitative decision support and risk management tools
- Multi-stage risk control process developed through a pioneering approach to quantitative risk management. Risk metrics are tailored to each individual strategy
- Innovation – an offering which seeks to evolve continuously with the ever changing global markets, aiming to provide attractive hedge fund opportunities
- O’Connor specializes in absolute return investment management and manages $5.5 billion (USD) in non-traditional strategies (as of October 1, 2016).
- O'Connor is a separate investment division within UBS Asset Management and has complete independence over its investment decisions.
- O'Connor employs over 160 employees in seven offices located in New York, Chicago, London, Zurich, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Bringing our expertise to you
Finding the answers you need – our investment approach
- We combine our strategies with the goal of creating a diverse stream of returns relatively uncorrelated to major asset classes
- By shifting capital and risk dynamically across strategies we look to exploit investment opportunity sets that we see in the market
Value investing with risk control
- Our approach is, and always has been, rooted in relative value investing and state-of-the-art risk management capabilities, through which we strive to provide investors with attractive, risk-adjusted absolute return potential
Collaboration across teams
- We foster collaboration across our teams based in New York, Chicago, London, Hong Kong and Singapore, with the goal of raising our collective intelligence. We seek to strengthen those teams by recruiting and retaining the best people from inside the industry and out.