The e-commerce market is very diverse. We currently see long-term investment opportunities in connection with the following topics.
- Electronic marketplaces: Online platforms bring together the buyers and providers of products and services.
- Pure online retailers: Companies that exclusively sell their products online.
- Multi-channel retailers: Companies that distribute their goods via several sales channels such as shops, online platforms and mobile platforms.
- Logistics operators: The growing acceptance enjoyed by e-commerce depends on an efficient distribution and warehouse networks.
- Payment service providers: In addition to traditional credit card companies, new firms are also offering payment systems for online transactions.
- Price comparison platforms: Companies that ensure greater price transparency and compare different providers with one another.
Network operators: Telecommunication firms provide the technology and infrastructure that make e-commerce possible in the first place. In the short term, however, telecommunication companies are not among the main beneficiaries of e-commerce, as they have to invest in quick, good and stable connections.
- Cyber security: The growth of e-commerce depends on secure hardware and software to ensure that clients do not fall victim to internet crime when making online transactions.