- Commodities and commodity-linked equities were among the few standout performers in the first half as inflation disrupted most asset classes.
- Positioning in these assets has been curbed recently due to growing fears of a recession.
- However, commodity-linked assets remain attractive, as these exposures remain inexpensive and we believe sentiment has deteriorated much more than fundamentals.
- In our view, global economic activity is decelerating but not yet contracting, and supply growth in commodities is likely to remain constrained in the near term.
- Importantly, Chinese growth is picking up as developed-market activity moderates.
Fill in an inquiry form and leave your details – we’ll be back in touch.
Introducing our leadership team
Meet the members of the team responsible for UBS Asset Management’s strategic direction.
Find our offices
We’re closer than you think, find out here