We take an active approach to stewardship across asset classes through engagement, proxy voting and advocacy - allowing us the flexibility to address emerging trends in sustainable environment and work with firms to achieve better outcomes.
Effective stewardship provides an opportunity for asset managers to identify and influence ESG issues for investors and companies. At UBS-AM, stewardship activities go beyond traditional financial analysis and focus on assessing if companies are sustainable in the long run.
Paul Clark, Head of Stewardship at UBS Asset Management, 2022
Stewardship plays a central role, both in terms of meeting client and regulatory expectations, within our investment approach. The UBS Stewardship Report focuses on the outcomes that we believe our stewardship approach has had in the past year on the clients we serve and the society in which we live.
Our engagement in 2021:
- 430 engagement meetings
- 25% of engagements reflected a positive outcome or progress towards objective
- 37% of the cases gave us specific insights in relation to AGM items and proxy voting
- 295 companies engaged with across regions and sectors
- 39% of engagement meetings with C-suite representative
- 50% of companies engaged with are situated in EMEA, 31% in Americas and 19% in Asia-Pacific
Our proxy voting in 2021:
- 60 countries voted in globally
- 3 new markets added to coverage in 2021
- 12,244 shareholder meetings in which votes were submitted, upon 117,373 separate resolutions
- 18,941 proposals in which management recommendations were voted against (16.1% of total resolutions voted)
- 1 proposal voted against management at 62% of meetings
- 80% of shareholder resolutions focused on environmental issues, and supported 67 % of ESG proposals
Make an inquiry
Fill in an inquiry form and leave your details – we’ll be back in touch.
Introducing our leadership team
Meet the members of the team responsible for UBS Asset Management’s strategic direction.
Find our offices
We’re closer than you think, find out here