For our clients
- We build and sustain long-term relationships based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
- We offer outstanding, tailored advice and financial solutions and services delivered by experts clients can trust; we also provide superior investment performance.
- Our comprehensive digital capabilities enable our clients to bank at their convenience, and through 267 branches in Switzerland.
> 10% of annual revenues invested in technology, which was around USD 3.5 billion in 2019
≥ 90% reduction in time to approve mortgage extensions
we.trade is the first blockchain-based trade finance platform launched by a Swiss bank
For our investors
- We deliver attractive capital returns; we aim to increase our ordinary dividend and return excess capital through share repurchases.
- We will offer a total payout ratio of 80% for 2019, taking into account the combination of the proposed dividend with our share repurchases of CHF 806 million last year.
- We have good risk-adjusted returns over the cycle and provide the ability to invest in growth, driven by cost and capital efficiency, while managing risk carefully.
Our total sustainable investments amounted to USD 1,306 billion in 2019
56% growth in core sustainable investments
Core sustainable investments account for 13.5% of our total invested assets in 2019
For our employees
- We strive to be recognized as an employer of choice and a great place to build a career; and surveys show our levels of employee satisfaction and engagement are above our peers.
- We embrace a diverse and inclusive culture across the firm to drive sustainable growth and innovation.
- We pay for performance, with a strong commitment to pay equity embedded into our compensation policies and practices.
For the 16th year in a row, we scored 100 out of 100 on Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index
>1,700 graduates, other trainees, interns and apprentices were hired by our junior talent programs
We are among the World’s 50 Most Attractive Employers (Global Universum ranking)
- We want to promote global economic development that is sustainable for the planet and humanity, so we support the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices named UBS the Industry Leader in 2019, for the fifth year in a row.
- In 2019, 72% of our worldwide electricity consumption came from renewable sources, and we have committed to raise that to 100% by mid-2020.
UBS Optimus Foundation approved USD 109.5 million in grants in 2019
UBS Optimus Foundation helped improve the well-being of 3.3 million children worldwide in 2019