You can either upload individual documents to the Safe or copy entire folder structures with all documents contained therein.
To do this, use the "Upload" button under the "Personal" tab, or simply drag the documents from your computer to the desired folder in the Safe.
Using the Google Chrome browser, you can also import entire folders and the documents contained therein as described above into the Safe. If you use a different browser, you will first need to compress the folders into ZIP files first (using right mouse button). Then upload the ZIP file to the Safe. You can either leave the archive compressed there or restore the original folder structure (using right mouse button).
Uploading documents to the Safe app
If you have installed the Safe app onto your smartphone or tablet, you can easily move e-mail attachments and documents from some other apps to the Safe. Proceed as follows:
- Launch the app containing the document that you would like to move.
- Select "Open in" and then "UBS Safe" (if available).
- Log in to the Safe app with your user name and password.
- Select the destination folder and name the document.
Alternatively, you can also tap the plus-symbol on in the Safe app and follow the instructions (e.g. uploading photos).
Possible causes of errors
If uploading does not work, this may be caused by the following in particular:
- Maximum file size of 500 MB exceeded
- Exhaustion of available storage space
- Disruption in internet connection
- Security software (antivirus, firewall) on the computer
- Plug-in in browser