How can I block my Maestro/V PAY card?
If your card is lost or stolen, we recommend that you block your card immediately. Blocking a debit card in e-banking or mobile banking is free. The charge for blocking a card by phone is CHF 40.
Block a debit card in e-banking
- Log in to e-banking.
- Go to “Cards > Debit cards > Settings & Services.”
- Select the card you would like to have blocked, click on “Block” and then confirm.
- After blocking your debit card, you can order your preferred replacement card (at a price of CHF 20), which will be delivered by mail within a few days.
Block your debit card in mobile banking
- Open the UBS Mobile Banking app on your smartphone and log in. Then, under “Cards > Service > Debit cards” choose the card you would like to have blocked.
2. Select “Next”.
3. Select “Block card” to confirm the action. Your replacement card (at a price of CHF 20) will be sent to you automatically by mail.
Note the following charges for blocking your card:
- Blocking charge per card (via e-banking/mobile banking): free
- Charge for cancellation by phone: CHF 40
- Charge per replacement card: CHF 20
Our customer service team will be happy to answer any further questions you may have. You’ll find the phone number in the right-hand column.
Want to protect your credit card from misuse?
Register your mobile number in e-banking so that we can inform you of any unusual transactions.