We take an active approach to stewardship across asset classes through engagement, proxy voting and advocacy. This allows us the flexibility to address emerging trends in sustainable environment and work with firms to achieve better outcomes.
“Effective stewardship provides an opportunity for asset managers to identify and influence ESG issues for investors and companies. At UBS-AM, stewardship activities go beyond traditional financial analysis and focus on assessing if companies are sustainable in the long run. “
Stewardship plays a central role within our investment approach; it helps us meet both client and regulatory expectations. The UBS Stewardship Report focuses on the outcomes we believe our activities have delivered in the past year on clients and society in general.
Our engagement in 2022:
- 461 engagement meetings
- 62% engagements reflected a positive outcome or progress towards objective
- 25 % of the cases gave us specific insights in relation to AGM items and proxy voting
- 330 companies engaged with across regions and sectors
- 44% of engagement meetings with C-suite representative
- 44% of companies engaged with are situated in EMEA, 39% in Americas and 17% in Asia-Pacific
Our proxy voting in 2022:
- 60 countries voted in globally
- 12,368 shareholder meetings in which votes were submitted, upon 123, 229 separate resolutions
- 19,795 proposals in which management recommendations were voted against (16 % of total resolutions voted)
- 64% of meetings voted globally at least one resolution was cast as a vote against management
- 1,116 shareholder resolutions voted related to ESG topics with 170 shareholder proposals voted related to environmental issues and 276 related to social issues
- 58% support of all ESG shareholder resolutions
Make an inquiry
Fill in an inquiry form and leave your details – we’ll be back in touch.
Introducing our leadership team
Meet the members of the team responsible for UBS Asset Management’s strategic direction.
Find our offices
We’re closer than you think, find out here