What is this beneﬁt?
Return Protection may be able to assist You. Return Protection is a benefit for eligible UBS Visa Signature Business cardholders who make a purchase with their Account and/or rewards program associated with their covered Account.
You are eligible for this benefit if You are a cardholder of a covered card issued in the United States.
If You are disappointed with an item, within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, and the retailer will not accept a return, You can be reimbursed for the purchase price, up to two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) per item of personal property, and an annual maximum of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00), per Account.
The Return Protection benefit is supplemental to, and in excess of, any valid and collectible avenue of recovery available to You, the eligible cardholder. The Benefit Administrator will reimburse the excess amount, once all other coverage has been exhausted, up to the coverage amount.
What is covered?
Eligible items of personal property purchased with Your covered Account and/or rewards program associated with Your covered Account are covered for reimbursement up to two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) per item at an annual maximum of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) per Account.
What is not covered?
Return Protection does not apply to the following purchases:
- Animals and living plants
- Boats, aircraft, automobiles, and any other motorized vehicles and their motors, equipment, or accessories, including trailers and other items that can be towed by, or attached to, any motorized vehicle
- Cash, bullion, traveler’s checks, tickets, credit or debit cards, and any other negotiable instruments
- Computer software
- Damaged, or non-working, items
- Formal attire, including but not limited to, cocktail dresses, tuxedos, gowns, and formal accessories
- Items purchased for resale, or for professional or commercial use
- Items purchased outside the United States
- Items that have been altered
- Jewelry, art objects, rare or precious coins or stamps, antiques, and collectible items
- Medical equipment
- Perishables, consumables, and limited-life items, including but not limited to, rechargeable batteries
- Real estate and items which are intended to become part of real estate, including but not limited to, items that are hard-wired or hard- plumbed, garage doors, garage door openers, and ceiling fans
- Seasonal items, including but not limited to, holiday decorations
What if the store offers a guarantee?
This benefit is designed to cover You if the store will not allow You to return the item for a refund, exchange or credit.
How to file a Return Protection claim
- If You are not satisfied with Your purchase and the retailer will not accept the return, call the Benefit Administrator, within ninety (90) days of the date of Your purchase, at 1-888-565-8472, or call collect outside the United States at 1-303-967-1096. The customer service representative will ask you for some preliminary information about Your claim and send You a claim form.
- Return the completed claim form within thirty (30) days of the first notice of loss to the Benefit Administrator along with the following items:
- Your original itemized sales receipt for Your purchase or original packing slip in the case of mail order purchases
- A copy of Your monthly billing statement (showing the last four  digits of the Account number) demonstrating that the purchase was made on Your covered Account.
After You have collected all of these documents, please send to:
Card Benefit Services
P.O. Box 110889 Nashville, TN. 37222
Please Note: If You file a claim within the first thirty (30) days of purchase, You may be asked to submit proof of the store’s return policy.
- A customer service representative will contact You after receiving Your claim paperwork. If additional documents are requested, You will have sixty (60) days to fulfill that request. Once the claim paperwork is complete, You will receive instructions for shipping the item with its original packaging and any applicable manuals and warranties to Card Benefit Services. The cost of shipping is at your expense.
The item must be in like-new or good working condition in order to be approved for reimbursement.
For faster filing, or to learn more about Return Protection visit www.cardbenefitservices.com
How will I be reimbursed?
If Your claim is approved and the item has been received, the Benefit Administrator will issue a reimbursement for the purchase price of the item, up to a maximum of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) per eligible item, or one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) annual maximum per Account, less any applicable shipping and handling fees.
Account means Your credit or debit card Accounts.
Eligible Person means a cardholder who pays for their purchase by using their eligible Account and/ or rewards program associated with their covered Account.
You or Your means an Eligible Person who used their eligible Account to purchase the item and/or rewards program associated with their covered Account.
Additional provisions for Return Protection
- Signed or pinned transactions are covered as long as You use Your eligible Account to secure the transaction.
- You shall do all things reasonable to avoid or diminish any loss covered by this benefit. This provision will not be unreasonably applied to avoid claims.
- If You make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in any respect, no coverage shall exist for such claim, and Your benefit may be cancelled. Each cardholder agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentation of material fact.
- No legal action for a claim may be brought against the Provider until sixty (60) days after the Provider receives Proof of Loss. No legal action against the Provider may be brought more than two (2) years after the time for giving Proof of Loss. Further, no legal action may be brought against the Provider unless all the terms of the Guide to Benefits have been complied with fully.
- This benefit is provided to eligible cardholders at no additional cost. The terms and conditions contained in this Guide to Benefits may be modified by subsequent endorsements. Modifications to the terms and conditions may be provided via additional Guide to Benefits mailings, statement inserts, statement messages or electronic notification. The benefits described in this Guide to Benefits will not apply to cardholders whose Accounts have been suspended or cancelled.
- Termination dates may vary by financial institutions. Your financial institution can cancel or non-renew the benefits for cardholders, and if they do, they will notify You at least thirty (30) days in advance. Indemnity Insurance Company of North America (“Provider”) is the underwriter of these benefits and is solely responsible for its administration and claims. The Benefit Administrator provides services on behalf of the Provider.
- After the Benefit Administrator has paid Your claim, all Your rights and remedies against any party in respect of this claim will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator to the extent of the payment made to You. You must give the Benefit Administrator all assistance as may reasonably be required to secure all rights and remedies.
- This benefit does not apply to the extent that trade or economic sanctions or other laws or regulations prohibit the provision of insurance, including, but not limited to, the payment of claims.
FORM #RETPRO – 2017 (04/17)
For more information about the beneﬁt described in this guide, call the Beneﬁt Administrator at 1-888-565-8472, or call collect outside the U.S. at 1-303-967-1096.