Visa Signature Credit Card Return Protection Terms & Conditions
What is this benefit?
Return Protection is coverage that will reimburse you for the cost of an eligible item of personal property within ninety (90) days of the date it was purchased entirely with your eligible UBS Visa Signature credit card if you are not satisfied with it and the retailer won’t allow it to be returned.
Who is eligible for this benefit?
You are eligible for this benefit if you are a valid UBS Visa Signature credit cardholder of an eligible Visa card issued in the United States.
What is covered?
Eligible items of personal property purchased entirely with your eligible UBS Visa Signature credit card are covered for reimbursement up to two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) per item at an annual maximum of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) per account. Eligible items are automatically covered when purchased with your card—they do not need to be registered to qualify for coverage.
What types of items are not covered?
• Animals and living plants
• Boats, aircraft, automobiles, and any other motorized vehicles and their motors, equipment, or accessories including trailers and other items that can be towed by or attached to any motorized vehicle
• Cash, bullion, travelers checks, tickets, credit or debit cards, and any other negotiable instruments
• Computer software
• Damaged/non-working items
• Formal attire including, but not limited to, cocktail dresses, tuxedos, gowns, and formal accessories
• Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use
• Items purchased outside of the United States
• Items that have been altered
• Jewelry, art objects, rare or precious coins or stamps, antiques, and collectible items
• Medical equipment
• Perishables, consumables and limited-life items including, but not limited to, rechargeable batteries
• Real estate and items which are intended to become part of real estate including, but not limited to, items that are hard-wired or hard-plumbed, garage doors, garage door openers, and ceiling fans
• Seasonal items including, but not limited to, holiday decorations
What if the store offers a guarantee?
This benefit is designed to cover you if the store will not allow you to return the item for a refund, exchange or credit. Please Note: If you file a claim within the first 30 days of purchase, you may be asked to submit proof of the store’s return policy.
Filing a Return Protection Claim
How do I file a claim?
1. If you’re not satisfied with a purchase made with your UBS Visa Signature credit card and the item cannot be returned, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-888-565-8472, or call collect outside the U.S. at 303-967-1096 within ninety (90) days of the date of purchase. The customer service representative will ask you for some preliminary information about your claim and send you a claim form.
2. Within thirty (30) days of the date of your call, return the completed claim form with your original itemized sales receipt and original Visa card receipt showing that the entire purchase was made with your card to:
Card Benefit Services
P.O. Box 2894
Great Falls, MT 59403
3. A customer service representative will contact you after receiving your claim paperwork. If additional documents are requested, you will have an additional sixty (60) days to fulfill that request. After the claim paperwork is complete, you will be given instructions for shipping the item with its original packaging and any applicable manuals and warranties to Card Benefit Services at your expense. Please Note: The item must be received in like-new/good working condition for your claim to be approved.
How will I be reimbursed?
After your claim is approved and the item has been received, the Benefit Administrator will issue a refund for the purchase price of the item, up to a maximum of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) per eligible item, one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) annual maximum per account, less any applicable shipping and handling fees.
Additional Provisions for Return Protection
The Return Protection benefit is supplemental to, and excess of, any valid and collectible avenue of recovery available to you, the eligible Visa cardholder. The Benefit Administrator will refund the excess amount once all other coverage has been exhausted up to the limit of liability.
This benefit is available only to you, the eligible Visa cardholder.
If you make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in any respect, no coverage shall exist for such claim and your benefit may be canceled. Each cardholder agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentations of material fact.
After the Benefit Administrator has paid your claim, all rights and remedies against any party in respect of this loss will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator to the extent of the payment made to you. You must give the Benefit Administrator all assistance as may reasonably be required to secure all rights and remedies.
No legal action for a claim may be brought against the Provider until sixty (60) days after the Provider receives Proof of Loss. No legal action against the Provider may be brought more than two (2) years after the time for giving Proof of Loss. Further, no legal action may be brought against the Provider unless all the terms of this Guide to Benefit have been complied with fully.
This benefit is provided to eligible Visa cardholders at no additional cost. The terms and conditions contained in this Guide to Benefit may be modified by subsequent endorsements. Modifications to terms and conditions may be provided via additional Guide to Benefit mailings, statement inserts, or statement messages. The benefit described in this Guide to Benefit will not apply to Visa cardholders whose accounts have been suspended or canceled.
Termination dates may vary by financial institutions. Your financial institution can cancel or non-renew the benefit, and they do, they will notify you at least thirty (30) days in advance. This information is a description of the benefit provided to you as a Visa cardholder. Indemnity Insurance Company of North America (“Provider”) is the underwriter of this benefit and is solely responsible for its administration and claims. The Benefit Administrator provides services on behalf of the Provider.
FORM #VRETPRO – 2013 (04/14) RP-O