Preferred Visa Signature Credit Card Price Protection Terms & Conditions
What is this benefit?
The Price Protection benefit assists you in achieving the best possible price on products you purchase with your UBS Preferred Visa Signature credit card or using points earned on your eligible accounts. If you buy an eligible item with your card in the United States and see a Printed Advertisement at any retail store or Non- Auction Internet Advertisement for less within ninety (90) days of the original purchase date, simply file a valid claim and we will refund the difference up to five hundred dollars ($500.00) per item. This benefit is limited to one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) a year per cardholder’s eligible account.
Please note: The Printed Advertisement or Non-Auction Internet Advertisement must include a description of the item identical to the one purchased, the sale price, the store or dealer’s name, and the date(s) the sale is in effect. The sale date must be within ninety
(90) days after the original purchase date.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this benefit, you must be a valid UBS Preferred Visa Signature credit cardholder of an eligible U.S.-issued card, and a citizen and/or resident of the United States.
How do I file a Price Protection benefit claim?
1. Use your eligible account to purchase the eligible item. Save all original receipts, both card paperwork and itemized store receipt.
2. If you see a Printed or Non-Auction Internet Advertisement of the identical product by the same manufacturer advertised for a lower retail price within ninety (90) days after the purchase, obtain and retain the original advertisement. Only items advertised by authorized dealers in the United States apply. Price differences involving manufacturer and/or merchant rebates, shipping and handling fees, and sales tax, if any, are not covered by the Price Protection benefit.
3. Within ten (10) days of the date of the advertisement, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-553-7520. You will receive a claim form that details the necessary procedures to file your claim. Follow the instructions on the letter carefully. Return the completed claim form along with:
• The original itemized sales receipt,
• The original card receipt demonstrating that the purchase was made on your eligible card, (If more than one method of payment was used, documentation linking a portion of the purchase back to the covered account must be included) and
• The original Printed or Non-Auction Internet Advertisement showing the item, sale date and/or date of the advertisement, lower advertised price, and advertising store name to:
P.O. Box 2894
Great Falls, MT 59403
Printed Advertisements means advertisements appearing in a newspaper, magazine, store circular, or catalog that state the authorized dealer or store name, item (including make and model number), and sale price distributed in the United States to the general public and placed by a manufacturer or authorized dealer of the consumer product in the United States. The advertisement must have been published within ninety (90) days after the date on which you purchased the product and must be for the identical item. The advertisement must provide information stating the same manufacturer and model number of the item purchased. Any advertisement that is cut down or altered in any manner will not be sufficient documentation of loss. Therefore, any advertisements, catalogs, etc. must be submitted in whole with date verification. The only exception will be magazines and newspapers. In this case, you do not need to send the whole publication, but you will be required to send the whole page or pages in which the advertisement is found, with the date and name of the publication.
Non-Auction Internet Advertisements means advertisements posted on the Internet, by a non-Auction Internet merchant with a valid tax identification number. The advertisement must have been posted within ninety (90) days after the date on which you purchased the product and must be for the identical item. The advertisement must provide information stating the same manufacturer and model number of the item purchased. The printed version of the Non- Auction Internet Advertisement must include the merchant’s Internet address and customer service telephone number, as well as the item, including manufacturer, model number, sale price, and date of publication.
Auction (online or live) means a place or Internet site where items are sold through bidding or price quotes; or where prices fluctuate based on the number of people interested in purchasing or attempting to purchase a product. (Examples include, but are not limited to, eBay, Ubid, Yahoo, and public or private live auctions.)
The Price Protection benefit does not apply to advertisements for close-out sales, flea markets, fire sales, cash-only sales, limited quantity promotions, liquidation sales, going-out-of-business sales, seasonal sales or Auctions. The Price Protection benefit is secondary to and excess of store policies offering a lowest-price guarantee or any other form of refund for price differences.
Date of Purchase means the date you paid for and received the item, or the date of delivery and personal acceptance of the item, whichever is later.
How will I be reimbursed?
Within twenty (20) days after your request for a claim form, return the form to us with the required documents. If your request is approved, we will issue you a refund for the difference in the price, up to a maximum of five hundred dollars ($500.00) per item one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) a year per cardholder’s eligible account. If your documentation is not complete, we will request additional information, which must be supplied to us within sixty (60) days of the request.
To be eligible for coverage, you must charge any portion of the price of the purchased item to your eligible account. You will only be reimbursed up to the amount charged to your account or the program limit. Additionally, any purchases made using reward points associated with the covered account are eligible for this benefit.
What is not covered?
• The Price Protection benefit does not cover the following items:
• Advertisements of cash-only sales, close-out sales, flea markets, fire sales, going-out-of-business sales, limited-quantity promotions, liquidation sales or Auctions.
• Advertisements of sales of seasonal or discontinued items including, but not limited to, holiday decorations, clothes, or costumes.
• Animals and living plants.
• Boats, automobiles, and any other motorized vehicles and their motors, equipment, or accessories.
• Cell phone service agreements and cell phone contracts.
• Items advertised or shown as price quotes, bids or final sale amounts from a non-auction Internet site.
• Items returned to any store or layaway items.
• Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use.
• Jewelry, antiques, and collectible items, rare or one-of-a-kind items, special order items, custom items, or tailored items.
• Manufacturer and/or merchant rebates.
• Perishables, services, consumables, and limited-life items including, but not limited to, rechargeable batteries.
• Real estate and items which are intended to become part of real estate, including but not limited to items that are hard-wired or hard-plumbed, garage doors, garage door openers, and ceiling fans.
• Traveler’s checks, cash, tickets (including, but not limited to, Common Carrier Travel Tickets, Sporting Event Tickets, Concert Tickets, etc.), credit or debit cards, and any other negotiable instruments.
• Items purchased outside of the United States.
• Items without a manufacturer’s U.S. warranty (warrantable items only).
• Previously owned, sold “as is,” and refurbished items.
benefit is secondary to and excess of any valid and collectible avenue of recovery which is available to you, the eligible cardholder. We will refund the excess amount once all other coverage has been exhausted up to the limit of liability.
This benefit is available only to you, the eligible cardholder.
If you make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent, no coverage shall exist for such claim and your benefits may be canceled. Each cardholder agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentation of material fact by the cardholder.
Once you report a claim, a claim file will be opened and shall remain open for sixty (60) days from the date you reported the claim. No payment will be made on a claim that is not completely substantiated in the manner required by the Benefit Administrator within seventy (70) days of the date of the printed advertisement.
After the Benefit Administrator has paid your claim, all rights and remedies against any party in respect of this loss will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator to the extent of the cost of payment made to you. You must give the Benefit Administrator all assistance as may reasonably be required to secure all rights and remedies.
No legal action for a claim may be brought against us until sixty (60) days after we receive Proof of Loss. No legal action against us may be brought more than two (2) years after the time for giving Proof
of Loss. Further, no legal action may be brought against us unless all the terms of this Guide to Benefit have been complied with fully.
This benefit is provided to eligible cardholders at no additional cost. The terms and conditions contained in this Guide to Benefit may be modified by subsequent endorsements. Modifications to the terms and conditions may be provided via additional Guide to Benefit mailings, statement inserts, or statement messages. The benefit described in this Guide to Benefit will not apply to cardholders whose accounts have been suspended or canceled.
Termination dates may vary by financial institutions. Your financial institution can cancel or non-renew this benefit, and if they do, they will notify you at least thirty (30) days in advance. This information is a description of the benefit provided to you as a cardholder. It is insured by Indemnity Insurance Company of North America.
FORM #VPRICEPROT-500/1500- 90D-Inter (04/10)