Insights from Global Head of Sustainable and Impact Investing Michael Baldinger
Keep informed about new sustainable and impact solutions and thought leadership papers.
Matching our SI approaches to your needs
We know that there is no 'one size fits all' approach to sustainable investing. That's why we look at it across all of them.
Avoidance of investments which are deemed undesirable either by UBS or our clients.
UBS standard exclusions:
- Controversial weapons
- Thermal coal
- Integration of ESG factors in the investment process alongside traditional financial metrics
- ESG relevant risk analysis helps us look to the future, to identify long-term risks and opportunities, and invest accordingly
A fundamental element of sustainable investing is the role of stewardship. Acting as good stewards includes activities such as:
- Monitoring companies' ESG performance
- Engaging with management on identified risks and opportunities
- Voting consistently at shareholder meetings
Our sustainability focused strategies can be characterized by:
- Extended criteria for exclusions (which go beyond the standard exclusions)
- Positive sustainability characteristics
- Engagement is prioritized with ESG improvers
- Compliance with the EU-Taxonomy
- Risk based screening to identify those higher risk issuers which are to be avoided in the investable universe
Our Impact strategies meet the minimum criteria of the sustainability focused strategies and additionally include a verifiable impact measurement. The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) create the framework for impact investing
Policies, reports and voting information
We have a range of products across asset classes that have sustainability playing a significant role in the investment process. We also offer tailored solutions that span the sustainability spectrum, including ESG integration, tilt toward a specific E, S or G factor, thematic, positive screening, impact or exclusions.
+20 employees dedicated to SI1
Around 900 investment professionals1
USD 97bn SI-Focused
USD 441bn ESG Integrated assets under management1
20 years of SI business history