- With change can come great opportunities, but it is going to require asset managers to be more dynamic, more flexible in how they’re thinking about how they allocate capital.
- How can investors defend their portfolios from a higher inflation environment? What asset classes typically have a more positive correlation with inflation?
- Are we on the cusp of a structural change in the stock-bond correlation moving from negative to positive?
- Why should investors consider an allocation to commodities? What about exposure to real assets such as real estate, infrastructure and farmland?
- What role can hedge funds play in a higher rate, higher inflation environment?
Mid-year outlook 2022
Mid-year outlook 2022
With inflation reaching multi-decade highs in many parts of the world, how can investors position their portfolios for this changing investment landscape?
Was this article helpful?
The feedback component cannot be displayed.
About the authors
Head of Investments
Barry Gill, Head of Investments at UBS Asset Management since Nov. 2019. Previously, he was Head of Active Equities at UBS AM. Barry joined O'Connor in 2012, overseeing long/short strategy. Prior to that, he led UBS IB's Fundamental Investment Group (Americas). In 2000, Barry relocated to the US, rebuilding Equities' long/short efforts post-O'Connor. He held leadership roles in London, including co-heading Pan-European Sector Trading. Barry started his career as a graduate trainee at SBC in '95.
Head of Multi-Asset StrategyView full profile
Evan Brown, CFA is Head of Multi-Asset Strategy in the Investment Solutions team at UBS Asset Management. In this role, Evan drives macro research and tactical asset allocation investment process for over USD100 billion in client portfolios. Additionally, he is responsible for advising UBS Asset Management’s global institutional and private wealth client base on the macroeconomic outlook and asset allocation.
Make an inquiry
Fill in an inquiry form and leave your details – we’ll be back in touch.
Introducing our leadership team
Meet the members of the team responsible for UBS Asset Management’s strategic direction.
Find our offices
We’re closer than you think, find out here