Webinar: Panorama - the Inflation Challenge
What is causing inflation in 2022? How can investors best position their portfolios for this changing investment landscape? UBS Asset Management’s Barry Gill and Evan Brown discuss their outlook.
- With change can come great opportunities, but it is going to require asset managers to be more dynamic, more flexible in how they’re thinking about how they allocate capital.
- How can investors defend their portfolios from a higher inflation environment? What asset classes typically have a more positive correlation with inflation?
- Are we on the cusp of a structural change in the stock-bond correlation moving from negative to positive?
- Why should investors consider an allocation to commodities? What about exposure to real assets such as real estate, infrastructure and farmland?
- What role can hedge funds play in a higher rate, higher inflation environment?
Mid-year outlook 2022
Mid-year outlook 2022
With inflation reaching multi-decade highs in many parts of the world, how can investors position their portfolios for this changing investment landscape?
The feedback component cannot be displayed.
About the authors
Head of Investments
Years of investment industry experience: 29
Education: B. Commerce (Intl) with German from University College Dublin
Barry Gill was appointed Head of Investments in November 2019 and is a member of the Asset Management Executive Committee.
He was Head of Active Equities within UBS Asset Management from early 2016 and, before that, joined O’Connor in 2012 as a member of the management group where he ran a concentrated long/short strategy.
Prior to joining O’Connor, Barry was head of the Fundamental Investment Group (Americas) for nearly six years within UBS Investment Bank, investing and trading the firm's principal capital.
Barry moved to the US in 2000 from London to rebuild the long / short principal investing effort within Equities following the creation of O’Connor as a hedge fund business.
In his five years in London at SBC and UBS, he was co-head of Pan-European Sector Trading, a proprietary book, and co-head of European Risk Program Trading for two years, preceded by two years as the head of the French trading book. Barry joined SBC's European derivatives desk as a graduate trainee in 1995.
Head of Multi-Asset Strategy
Evan Brown, CFA is Head of Multi-Asset Strategy in the Investment Solutions team at UBS Asset Management. In this role, Evan drives macro research and tactical asset allocation investment process for over USD100 billion in client portfolios. Additionally, he is responsible for advising UBS Asset Management’s global institutional and private wealth client base on the macroeconomic outlook and asset allocation.
Make an inquiry
Fill in an inquiry form and leave your details – we’ll be back in touch.
Introducing our leadership team
Meet the members of the team responsible for UBS Asset Management’s strategic direction.