Taking control of your debt
Own what you owe
Understanding what you owe, choosing a strategy for paying it down and limiting how much you borrow can help you manage your debt.
- Debt can help you meet major goals and build your credit, but it’s important to use debt carefully.
- Try to limit debt payments to no more than 36%* of your income.
- If your debt feels manageable, you can decide whether to pay off high-interest debt first or small balances.
- If you’re struggling with debt, you may want to consider consolidation, refinancing, balance transfers and other strategies.
- A UBS Financial Advisor can help you come up with a plan for managing your debt so that you can focus on other areas of your life.