What Happened? After weeks of lobbying, fintech companies are officially allowed to take part in the U.S. government’s emergency lending program. PayPal is among the companies that will be approved for the Small Business Association’s emergency lending program, which is a $350 million loan program meant to keep businesses afloat amid the economic slowdown caused by the virus outbreak. PayPal said it has provided access to more than 900,000 loans and cash advances and access to more than $15 billion in funding to more than 305,000 small businesses.
UBS View: We believe Paypal is in a sweet spot and is well positioned to take advantage of its first mover position and strong brand awareness in the payment industry. Paypal's dominant share in the ecommerce segment and entry into new segments should support strong growth. Rising mobile payments is an additional opportunity as are credit lending and remittances.
Such views can be implemented in many ways, and examples are illustrated below. The examples have not been checked for suitability, to find out more about what may be suitable for you please speak to your client advisor.
Example of how investors can express this view:
Autocallable Reverse Convertible Notes (RCNs) on selected stocks
- Enhance portfolio yield with 10% p.a. coupon.
- The potential to buy the stock at a 27.13% discount to the current price.
- Stock selection is based on UBS Research buy or neutral rating and large market capitalization.
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST US) and Walmart Inc. (WMT US)
Coupon / Autocall Period Frequency
UBS AG acting through its London branch (S&P:A+/Moody's:Aa3)
The Underlying with the lowest value of (Spot price / Initial price) at the time of observation
Early redemption: The note will be early redeemed at 100% of the denomination with coupon for that period if the worst-of underlying closes at or above the Autocall level at each periodic observation date
The same RCN structure can be tailored with shorter tenor of 3 months, Paypal Holdings Incorporated (PYPL US), with indicative strike at 78.61% holding all other parameters the same.
For alternative stock underlyings, kindly refer to the UBS CIO Paper.
- In case of interest please contact your Client Advisor
- Return is limited to the coupon amounts.
- You will not receive dividends or other income that may be paid on the Underlying(s)
- A loss can result if the Underlying(s) closes below the Strike Level at maturity
- Before maturity, the realisable value of the product may fall below the issue price even if the Underlying has appreciated against its initial price.
- In a worst case scenario, the product becomes worthless and you will lose the capital invested
- In the event that the product is redeemed early, you may not be able to reinvest the redemption proceeds in another instrument with a comparable return profile.
- The product is unlisted and there may not be an active or liquid secondary market.
- You are fully exposed to both the credit risk and the credit default risk of the Issuer. Should the credit rating of the Issuer deteriorate over the life of the investment, the product's value may be affected. Should the Issuer default, you may lose all capital invested and any return that may otherwise be payable/earned
- Confirm that I meet the requirements to qualify as:
- a "Professional Investor” in accordance with Section 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 1 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap 571 of the Law of Hong Kong) and as a “Private Banking Customer” as defined in the circular issued by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority on 12 June 2012; and/ or
- an "accredited investor" or "institutional investor" as defined in the Securities and Futures Act (Chapter 289) of Singapore
Content provided on “as is” and “as available” basis
- Confirm my understanding that the materials, information or reports published, distributed or otherwise made available on the UBS Website
(a) are published for information purposes only and are subject to change at any time without notice;
(b) have been created without any regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific recipient and should not be construed as a solicitation, offer or recommendation or advice to buy or sell any securities, investment or other financial instruments, to effect any transactions or to conclude any legal act of any kind whatsoever.