Understanding risks & returns
We start with the basics – understanding the correlation between risks and returns. In general, risks refer to the likelihood of investments generating losses, and returns are a standard usually used to measure the performance of an investment. Investments with high returns usually come with relatively high risks. Every investor is different. Some may be willing to bear relatively high market volatility risks, while others tend to be more conservative. We will develop a rigorous investment strategy based on your risk tolerance.
Understanding your risk tolerance level
We understand that everyone has a different level of risk tolerance. Your risk tolerance may be affected by:
- Current international events
- Your investment experience
- Your stereotypes of savings and investments.
Our advisors will listen to you, understand your risk tolerance and the factors that influence your decision making process, before helping you to make the right investment decision. We will work together with you to jointly formulate a comprehensive investment plan, considering both your long-term and short-term needs.
Developing your asset allocation portfolio
We know that investments perform differently over time. By developing a diversified investment portfolio, you can offset the risks of market volatility.
What is the key to a good diversified investment portfolio?
Asset allocation. This involves:
- Selecting the investment product type that is most suitable for you
- Allocating it in the most optimized manner
- Choosing from different asset classes, such as shares, bonds, funds, cash management instruments and alternative investments.
Our investment advisors invest a significant amount of time in research to formulate asset allocation schemes.
- Take the time to understand your risk tolerance, investment period, and investment goals
- Leverage on the vast resources of UBSS, such as the different types of products, investment instruments, and UBSS research reports
- Establish asset allocation goals that are tailored to your needs
- Continue to recommend suitable investment products in a timely and accurate manner based on your asset allocation objectives and investor suitability rating
- Aim to helping you achieve your financial goals