Refund of excess 3a payments

How to get a refund if you have paid too much into pillar 3a

If you have paid too much into pillar 3a, the tax authority will ask you to have the excess amounts refunded to you.

For us to take care of this for you, we kindly ask you to send us a copy of the letter from the tax authority as well as the details of your credit account by post to the following address: Fisca Vested Benefits Foundation, PO Box, 4002 Basel

We only refund the nominal excess amount without interest. Please note that only the amount that you deposited in the relevant year and into the corresponding Fisca account can be refunded. If your entire 3a savings are invested in securities, we will sell prorated securities for the refund.

In some cases, the tax authorities require documentary proof of the refund and/or a corrected tax certificate. If they ask this of you, we will be happy to send you the documents. You do not have to do anything else.